What don't you like about your Grandland

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

As the first owners of this new car we have a few dislikes posted on here about it. I thought I'd post what I don't like about my car in order of preference

1.2 engine - underpowered

Auto gearbox - turbo lag is awful

Greyed out text on infotainment screen - what numpty thought that was a good idea!

Zigzag pattern that the auto gearbox selector has to go through - annoying

Glovebox - bloody useless

Cooled seats - doesn't do what it says on the tin

Small compartment to the right of the steering wheel - very flimsy

Fuel economy- 50mpg? Yeah, right !!

There's plenty that I do like about the car though, but that's for another post.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2

satellitemandaz

Post by satellitemandaz »

After having a astra twintop I find the power quite good for a 1.2 , I had a Nova with 1.2 LOL , Fuel 50mpg I agree ,infotainment system grey text is a joke, but should be an easy upgrade when VX pull there finger out ! Glove box with cooler is only a fuse box.
Took my wheels off to fit the mud flaps and found that the tyres had been changed ,wheels are scratched where they had removed the old weights think they must of used a big flat blade screwdriver. But love everything else.
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

My Grandland had to go back to the dealers today to have the pheasant damage repair finished. Asked them to check out the poor performance of the cooled seat. Surprise, surprise they informed me that it is operating correctly.

So the poor cooled seat, greyed out infotainment text & bad auto gearbox/turbo lag are all 'features' of the car & nothing can be done to change them.

After 10 weeks of ownership & 4,500 miles I find myself sadly disappointed in the Grandland X.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
Opelman

Post by Opelman »

lizzyfan wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:24 am As the first owners of this new car we have a few dislikes posted on here about it. I thought I'd post what I don't like about my car in order of preference

1.2 engine - underpowered

Auto gearbox - turbo lag is awful

Greyed out text on infotainment screen - what numpty thought that was a good idea!

Zigzag pattern that the auto gearbox selector has to go through - annoying

Glovebox - bloody useless

Cooled seats - doesn't do what it says on the tin

Small compartment to the right of the steering wheel - very flimsy

Fuel economy- 50mpg? Yeah, right !!

There's plenty that I do like about the car though, but that's for another post.
Most of what you write I do not agree with. I wonder if Vauxhall makes different Grandland than Opel here in continental Europe :D

The 1.2 engine is surprisingly powerful and acceleration at even higher speeds is in a word astounding for such a small engine. I also have the auto gearbox and don't recognize any disturbing turbo lack after learning how to use the gas pedal.

You do not need to do the zigzag pattern with the selector even though it is marked like that. Just pull / push through in one movement. All you have to do is gently control the movement with your hand and it goes in one movement from P to D or back. I admit Peugeot 3008's (same gear box) gear stick looks nicer, though.

The cooling feature of the seats does exactly what promised - cools the seats, at least with AGR leather seats. Of course it takes the same time for the seat cooling to cool down and to get cool air through as it takes for the A/C. You even have three different levels for the airflow.

Fuel economy depends on your style of driving a lot. I have managed around 6,8 liters / 100 km during the first six months / 8500 kilometers. About 70 % is city driving, much of that in temperature way below zero during February-April.

As for the topic, what I don't like is some of the ergonomy. The armrests could be softer and the steering wheel adjustment could be greater so I could get my long legs more straight. Picture if the reverse camera could be bigger and have a wider viewing angle.
cradman

Post by cradman »

I have a Grandland X 1.2 SE Ruby Red. So far we have had a rear body panel spring off. went back to the dealers who have to remove the rear section and rivet on a new holding bracket.
The dash clock loses 7 minutes in a two week period and we have to reset.
The manual gear shift is 'clunky'
Don't like the plastic trim at the bottom of the doors and the water/dirt seems to get on the inside of this very easy.
Glove box is useless.
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

I posted a comment in April concerning the contamination problem on the inner face of the lower door trims but as there were no further comments I assumed it was me being a bit over critical. The fact that another member has now commented on the same issue goes some way to convince me that I am not actually loosing the plot, well not yet anyway.
pieman

Post by pieman »

I collected my Grandland elite nav 1.2T from the dealer last weekend, as i do a lot of business miles i have noticed more and more Grandlands out and about, However what i have noticed is that mine doesn't have the little Elite badges either side by the indicator repeater lamps, is this just mine or are other peoples vehicles the same??.
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

My Elite Nav (Launch Edition) is one of the first batch of 300 built and shipped to dealers as demonstrators. There where no Elite badges fitted to mine as standard but I have popped one intended for an Astra J on the tailgate. There are some previous posts on this topic under “Models and Badging.
faz18

Post by faz18 »

Hey,

So vie had mine for around a month things i dont like.

Gearbox
pedals are to close
electronic hand brake (this might be as ive never had this before)
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

In all honesty I have to say I am enjoying my Grandland after the hiccups with the squeaky roof and the indicator problem. The only downside is that infernal grey highlights on the screen. If that was sorted I would be extremely happy.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post