What don't you like about your Grandland

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
gamerouche

Post by gamerouche »

I really hate the way that the Eco mode comes in & switches off the radio when you are parked up. Having to turn on the ignition costantly to listen gives me a pain. Anyone know if this feature can be disabled? No other major gripes with my Grandland X.

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

gamerouche wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:38 pm I really hate the way that the Eco mode comes in & switches off the radio when you are parked up. Having to turn on the ignition costantly to listen gives me a pain. Anyone know if this feature can be disabled? No other major gripes with my Grandland X.
As far as I'm aware you cannot disable that. It's a feature on 99% of cars, often known as Battery Saver Mode or something along those lines. It simply tries to limit the electricity use in the car to a point where you won't even be able to listen to the radio because the battery level is a bit too low for the car's liking. It's all to make sure the battery doesn't go "flat" and so the car will start up without any problems next time you want to drive it.
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

I had a similar problem with my Citroen C5 Estate (same software).
Whilst waiting for a ferry, I had to run the 6-cylinder diesel engine to have the radio on.
The tailgate-open button did not function without starting that diesel engine.
This leaves the driver vulnerable to a car-jacking. The engine is running, the doors are open and I am loading the shopping in the back.
This is how cars get stolen, complete with kids in their car seats.
The ECO in this case is NOT Ecology!
The dealer offered to disable for £45, but found he could not do that.
2020 Hybrid 4
Tigerfan

Post by Tigerfan »

I agree with glove box an small storage to right of steering wheel. Ridiculous design. The heated seats don’t get warm enough for me. Love the electric brake Wouldn't want to go back to manual. My 1.2 auto is very nippy. The lack of a dedicated radio button means a convoluted work around, and I really miss the command Knob on my Vectra
don tunstall

Post by don tunstall »

Acceleration pedal to low I catch brake pedal sometimes
Kryslms

Post by Kryslms »

I am really disappointed with the Sat Nav. I live in a rural area and it can't find many of the addresses or sends me in the wrong direction! My TOMTOM was far better (wish I had hadn't given it away) also with TomTom I could enter co-ordinates or place my finger on a point of the map, or use My Drive software on my PC to plan trips.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi Krysims,
Have you tried the alternative method of navigation, using android auto and Tom-tom Amigo or Google maps navigation.
Defeats the object of having the system built-in and you will need to have a phone connected by USB cable but if it offers you a better solution.
Costs nothing to try plus the Tom-tom Amigo is free, as Google nav., all with live updates, traffic and speed camera alerts etc.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Kryslms wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:05 pm I am really disappointed with the Sat Nav. I live in a rural area and it can't find many of the addresses or sends me in the wrong direction! My TOMTOM was far better (wish I had hadn't given it away) also with TomTom I could enter co-ordinates or place my finger on a point of the map, or use My Drive software on my PC to plan trips.
If you press anywhere on the map it will show a pin there and then you can choose to either save that location or navigate to it.

It's nice having a Sat Nav built in but let's be honest
.. Google Maps are the way to go.
gamerouche

Post by gamerouche »

How accurate is the fuel remaining measurement on my 19 Reg Grandland X? I noticed yesterday that the figure displayed is constantly changing by large quantities while driving even using cruise control on the Motorway. I don't know what to make of this, it seems a tad unreliable or should I believe it.

Regards

Gam
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

gamerouche wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 pm How accurate is the fuel remaining measurement on my 19 Reg Grandland X? I noticed yesterday that the figure displayed is constantly changing by large quantities while driving even using cruise control on the Motorway. I don't know what to make of this, it seems a tad unreliable or should I believe it.

Regards

Gam
I would say it is fairly accurate but for my own piece of mind if for example it says that 50 miles are left, I'm telling myself it's 45 or even 40. Wouldn't want to run out of fuel and the figure will change when you accelerate.

I've got the same thing happening in my car though. The figures constantly change and when the tank is close to being empty, the figure completely disappears. Had the same problem with my previous car - 2019 Ford Focus and one before that, 2016 Vauxhall Astra though so I'm guessing technology isn't perfect.

Never trust a computer hah. I take a photo of how many miles I've done on a tank right before filling up and reset the trip computer after filling up. Depending how heavy footed I am, I get anywhere between 460-500 miles on a full tank (usually closer to 500). This is mixture of town driving and A roads. It's more than I was getting on 1.5 Diesel Focus and 1.6 Diesel Astra so as much as I miss my previous car, I'm happy that Grandland is economical.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post