Boot 12v power socket always powered with ignition off?

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
pd2023x

Post by pd2023x »

So my 2023 Grandland Ultimate arrived but it was missing the 230v socket and also the 12v socket in the boot. I noticed the boot 12v socket was wired up to a blanking plate so had the dealer remove the blanking plate and put a socket in for the aim to wire up my dashcam (front and rear) to that 12v boot socket.

Problem I've noticed is that even with the ignition off and car locked the 12v socket is always powered so the dashcams don't power off, net result will be that they'll just drain the battery. Almost like it's bypassing the fusebox and straight to the battery.

If you have a 12v boot socket fitted, does yours power off when ignition is off and doors locked, or does it stay on providing power?

mac9058

Post by mac9058 »

We have just taken delivery of the 2023 manual petrol Grandland Ultimate and notice a few items deleted from the specs when we first choose the Grandland

Missing the 240v and usb outlet ,no 12v socket in boot ,no back seat release levers ,no sos function buttons ,and im sure it was supposed to have adaptive cruise ?but please correct me if im wrong

To answer your question the power feed to the rear 12v blanking plate is live permanently and only fix for this would be fitting an on/off switch for your outlet.
pd2023x

Post by pd2023x »

Thanks, yeah I concur with the missing 240v and usb outlet, SOS function buttons. I do have the adaptive cruise, lane assist and the automatic driving functionality on my March 23 version.

I have found since I had the socket installed (wiring was already present) there is a fuse in the fuse box, and you just need to change the bridging of the fuse to make it turn off when ignition isn't on. I haven't tried it yet but it makes sense to be able to change the behaviour of the power.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

I’ve got the 220v 3 pin plug in the back console part of the car. Any ideas what this is actually for?

IMG_9952.jpeg

pd2023x

Post by pd2023x »

It just allows you to plug anything in AC wise rather than use DC. Could be a compressor, an induction hob or anything. I typically wire an inverter into the cars I have, so that way I get a 3 pin socket just in case I need it for anything I want to use like charge a laptop.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

So I’ll never use it then. 😂
Grandad one

Post by Grandad one »

I have no usb in back of week old grandland ultimate or boot or 3 pin plug which was a selling point. At no point was I told I’d end up with just one usb for whole of top of range car! At no point was I told features I paid for would not be in car.
pd2023x

Post by pd2023x »

Yeah Vauxhall and I presume other manufacturers hide it within a clause that say they are able to update, add, remove features without notice in the contract. A pain in the arse if it's a feature you bought the car for because it stood out amongst other models or manufacturers. Talk to your dealer, the cigarette socket in the boot is actually wired to a blanking plate and I managed to get my dealer I purchased from to just take those wires and wire it to a socket, so at least I have a cigarette socket in the boot now if I need it. Couldn't get the USB ports or 3 pin plug sockets added though.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post