Front 12v and USB socket

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
pd2023x

Post by pd2023x »

On the Grandland 2023 Ultimate I noticed that if you want to use Apple CarPlay you need to use the USB socket at the front to power your iPhone. It's annoying to have to leave the 12v/USB front panel door open to have the cable permanently connected.

Has anyone found an easy workaround? I don't have any other USB sockets like the USB and 230v sockets behind the front seats were not fitted.

The front panel door to the 12v/USB sockets is very tight so you can't really wedge a cable in there and I'd prefer not to keep unplugging the USB cable as it will bring wear and tear on the USB socket.

jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

I use android rather than apple and use a wireless android auto adapter that plugs in the usb in the front and the little box stays behind the closed panel. I then use power from the rear usb when I need to charge the phone. There are similar things available for Apple car play
pd2023x

Post by pd2023x »

Thanks, I did wonder about a wireless transmitter for Apple CarPlay but reading the comments many said it worked for a while and then stopped working so haven't explored that route yet, but it might be an option. I don't have any rear USB ports / 230v socket behind the front seats, just the 1x cigarette style socket and a USB socket under the dash, but could wire from the external boot socket I had put in to provide power or use a battery charge pack to power the phone. Coming from an Insignia I had two 12v power sockets one behind the front seats and one under the dash and a USB port in the arm rest, so it was a lot more easier to power up devices and to hide cables.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post