Tyre pressure

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi all.

There may be a thread, but can’t be bothered checking lol.

Just had a tyre changed today and the tyre icon sign flashed up on the dash once I drove away, which means I think there isn’t a sensor on the valve like some vehicles. All I had to do was press the tyre icon on the console for 3 seconds and it said, recalibrated. So I’m guessing the car tyre pressure is built into the alloy, or ABS? It sensed the wheel had been removed so flashed up, a simple press of the button has now calibrated it to whatever the pressure is now in the tyres. Which are 33psi to all 4.

Am I in the right ball park on this or? The manual doesn’t really delve into this kind of info.

Car is Vauxhall Grandland X Elite with snow pack.

Thanks for reading.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Your correct when a tyre is changed or you top up the pressure you need to press the button as you have done as this registers the new information.
I have the same version of Grandland X Elite nav with the grip control system.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

I have the grip control. Not used it yet. Only thing that bugs me with that is the cup holder and it being square. I fit a cup in here and it just wobbles around. Have you done anything with this? I put a bit of rubber on the edge to hold the cup better.

Thanks for confirming the tyre pressure. Good to know that. 👍
Valer

Post by Valer »

The Grandland tpms is a DDS system ,so no wheel sensors

Screenshot 2023-07-20 133001.png

Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Many thanks for this Valer. Ironic thing is Vauxhall main dealers changed this tyre. You’d have thought more than anyone they would have known to calibrate this again.

At least I now know though for my own benefit. Cheers.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

PeteW wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:29 am I have the grip control. Not used it yet. Only thing that bugs me with that is the cup holder and it being square. I fit a cup in here and it just wobbles around. Have you done anything with this? I put a bit of rubber on the edge to hold the cup better.

Thanks for confirming the tyre pressure. Good to know that. 👍
I havent used the Grip control yet either.
I agree the cup holder isnt great due to the size/shape of it. I havent done anything with it.
Thats a good idea.
There might be something you can buy for it but it hasn't bothered me enough to do anything about it.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

I’ve looked for something like square to round foam but nothing really comes up in searches. So i used some foam from bits I had in the shed in black, cut it to suit and self adhesive on the back. Put this around the holder, and now it squeezes the cup much better with no rattle. It works for me. Can’t wait to try the grip control when it hits winter and we get some snow.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thats a good idea. I know same as me with the grip controls had the car over 4 years and not any weather that I can change it in yet.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

That’s how it looks. Want to do something a little more professional, but it’ll do. Only had the car since May for me. Let me know if you ever use your grip control then 🤣

IMG_0338.jpeg

IMG_0337.jpeg

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

PeteW wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:22 pm That’s how it looks. Want to do something a little more professional, but it’ll do. Only had the car since May for me. Let me know if you ever use your grip control then 🤣
Looks good and if it does the job who is really going to know.
Haha will do.
You will have to let me know how it goes if you use your grip control 🤣.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post