Vauxhall App

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi. Does anyone know how to cure this. The Vauxhall app for the life of me, will not set the correct mileage and is out all the time by around 10 mile. Even if I manually set it, it reverts back to the mileage it thinks it should be. Now it’s either reading the odometer wrong or someone prior to me buying it, has used the old 1980’s trick, stuck a drill in reverse and took the mileage back by 10 mile, but went forward instead and stopped it, or the app is rubbish. I think it might be the latter. Does anyone else have this problem. At the min my mileage is 35385 but the app just after the journey I’ve just had, is behind by 7 mile at 35378 As in the photo. If I now change this manually to 35385 the next time I get in the car it’ll revert back to the mileage it’s set itself at of 35378 and if I do 10 mile it’ll show at 35388 on the app, but my odometer will be showing at 35395.

Thanks and frustrated, it’s setting off my ocd Lol.

IMG_0364.jpeg

Andrewk

Post by Andrewk »

Hi - I can't get it to work either. It says connected to car but won't update the mileage, fuel or trips. It says we have only used the car six times since December! We're on our second infotainment screen as the last two broke. They just had a black screen and had to be replaced under warranty. The app is not fit for purpose. Previously had VW and their app was brilliant. We will never get another Vauxhall due to terrible build quality, missing spec and above all shocking customer service. It's supposed to be a family SUV but there is no storage and important features hidden in menus instead of a button that has just been blanked off.
Grandland 1.2 Petrol Auto Ultimate.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Ahh. I was just after info on the app and if there’s an easy fix. Lol. I love the Grandland X I have. Sold the VW i had to buy it.

Thanks anyway.
huffy

Post by huffy »

Just noticed that my app appears to be doing a similar thing, it's about 5 miles out. No help to you, but you're not the only one.
The app has improved for me after the recent updates and has recorded the last 16 trips with out a problem. I don't expect it to last as it has been a very flaky app to say the least.

Are you using it on Android? I'm on iOS and I have never got the app to display the "Cost".
Grandland X Hybrid 4
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi Huffy. I’m using it on iOS. iPhone 11. It has no trouble logging the trips, giving mpg etc etc and seems a good app in that respect, just bugging the hell out of me how the mileage is slightly out and even manually changing this makes no difference. I even deleted the app, deleted my car, reinstalled and for some unknown reason, set the mileage at 7 or 8 miles below what it is again. I just can’t work it out other than, the actually real mileage on the car is 7-8 miles out. Lol. Maybe in the near future Vauxhall start listening to people and do updates and it picks it up.

To set up cost, click your icon top right then click settings, then set up units. In here I used mpg and cost of petrol with litres and miles. Then go back out, click Home Screen, then vehicle at the bottom and set price of fuel. It’ll then give you costs of journey.
Andrewk

Post by Andrewk »

Has anyone found the app to be working any better as we still can't get it to work with IOS? Still saying only six trips in a year and no fuel amount or mileage showing. We've deleted and reinstalled many times but no fix ☹️
Grandland 1.2 Petrol Auto Ultimate.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post