Vauxhall app.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
molerat

Post by molerat »

Mine dumped this morning, no car showing. Logged out and back in and all back.
2023MY (23) GS 1.2t Cobalt / Vertigo Blue

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I have stopped using the app as I got fed up of it not working most of the time.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Mine started working a few days ago out of the blue, but all historical data has been lost and it's started from zero. My VIN and car details are now back and remain, which I assume is pulled from my Vauxhall connect account. The bad news is all my historic trip data has gone, so clearly that isn't uploaded to my Vauxhall connect account. I back my phone up automatically to iCloud, but the last and only backup seems to be a day ago when I had already lost all the data. I've got an older backup of my phone on my computer, but I don't really fancy restoring my phone to 7 or 8 months ago just to recover some of the trip data. So at least it works again, but in future probably a good idea to regularly export your data just in case!
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Midinotes wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:09 pm Mine started working a few days ago out of the blue, but all historical data has been lost and it's started from zero. My VIN and car details are now back and remain, which I assume is pulled from my Vauxhall connect account. The bad news is all my historic trip data has gone, so clearly that isn't uploaded to my Vauxhall connect account. I back my phone up automatically to iCloud, but the last and only backup seems to be a day ago when I had already lost all the data. I've got an older backup of my phone on my computer, but I don't really fancy restoring my phone to 7 or 8 months ago just to recover some of the trip data. So at least it works again, but in future probably a good idea to regularly export your data just in case!
It's a massively flawed app and not really worth much, as it decides when it wants to work or not, coincidently mine suddenly decided to work again after the last app update from Play Store, but again it may do one journey or all I do, but more Russian Roulette on what one it decides to record.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I finally have a working app now. I deleted it for about the millionth time, and it let me input my vin correctly and all seems to work now.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Doesn’t work at all since that update.
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Same here, since the last update the app connects to the car but never records any journeys. I even had a random message about the time set on the vehicle differing to that on my phone. Whoever maintains this app needs to start again!
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

My app has never recorded journeys correctly. It seems to miss at least every other journey and the ones it does record has the start of finish place wrong.
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Fingers crossed, there's a new update (at least for iOS) on the app store this morning.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

I think there was a new update in iOS as the front screen now looks different. However the 3 year olds looking after this app means it’s still hit and miss. I’ll now just look to delete it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post