Amber engine light intermittent

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
stevie0398

Post by stevie0398 »

Vauxhall Grandland 68 Plate, Automatic, Petrol

Hi,

My car recently had a service and MOT, the amber engine light comes on now and again and then at some point disappears again.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

Thanks in advance.

Stevie

stevie0398

Post by stevie0398 »

Hi,

Continuing on from this post, i took the car to the garage who re-set the light and indicated that it was the 02 sensor that was showing as a fault.

I only do a to b journeys, has any else experienced this and should i be driving the car longer so that the engine light does not come on again?

Thanks in advance
Deleted User 265

Post by Deleted User 265 »

Welcome on board Stevie, I havent come across this as an O2 sensor issue on the Grandland before. Although you can never say never.

What version of the Grandland did you opt for?
stevie0398

Post by stevie0398 »

Hi there,

It's a Vauxhall Grandland X, registered in January 2019, Red and fuel type petrol.

As i mentioned above, the amber engine light came on about two weeks after having service and MOT(it had not previously done this).

The light would come on and off and then stay on, i took it to the garage who reset the warning and stated it was showing as the 02 sensor and this may be because it is only driving short journeys and suggested taking it for a long drive ( i have not had the chance to do that yet)

3 weeks later and the light has now came back on again, not sure if a long drive will help this matter?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
satellitemandaz

Post by satellitemandaz »

Yes mine too, went in for a recall,service and MOT the recall said something to do with braking or something and will need a software update and some other checks, when we drove it away the spanner light came on, it then would not start, called the AA out and they said the battery may be faulty and he hates software updates, and that I should fully charge it and have it tested again, rung VX and they said they could get it back in, in two weeks time and said they didn't do any software updates, took it to Halfords new battery fitted next MOT booked with them, spanner light still comes on with "Electrical fault" has anyone had any joy with a cheap OBD scanner , cheers
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post