Sat nav & Intel updates.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi all. The Vauxhall app is showing two new updates.

I only did the intel one last time, due to having to run the car on idle for 30+ minutes and not happy with that. So didn’t bother with the nav update. On my notification it says a Vauxhall dealership can carry this out for you at a cost. Any ideas what that cost would be? It would have been great and easy if it was just a simple plug in and let it do it’s thing, but leaving an engine running for an hour I can’t get my head around and must surely damage the engine?

Two new updates attached.

IMG_0786.png

Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

all the updates I have done on mine YOU always need to leave the engine on, it doesn't harm the engine, but has to be done this way. The dealer will be doing the same but also charging you for the process and use your fuel too.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
leng25

Post by leng25 »

Hi, I find that the car does not have to be at idle to do the updates. It only needs the engine to be running. I do my updates when I am driving the car. The car operates normally apart from the infotainment screen showing the progress of the update. The car only needs to be at idle if my journey finishes before the update finishes. I hope this helps. My car is a 2019 1.2 Sport Nav automatic.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post