Auto mirror fold

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi. Does the Grandland X have an option to disable the auto fold to wing mirrors? I have auto fold every time the car is locked or unlocked and I also have the option to manually fold in and out with the switch to the door, but this does not completely deactivate it, and still needs to be folded out.

Thanks in advance.

PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Anyone? 🤷🏼‍♂️
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Take that as a no then. Or is this question a difficult one?
daveb1089

Post by daveb1089 »

I am on my second Grandland X, both that have had and have that facility and I have searched for that option but alas, have yet to find it. Yet another anomaly that Vauxhall omitted when they let the ‘apprenticeship class’ design this model 😂😂.
Daveb1089
Grandland X 1.2 20 (70) Elite Nav Premium Turbo, LED Headlights, 8 Speed Gearbox. Moon Roof 19” wheels, Folding/Dipping Door Mirrors, Heated and Ventilated Leather Seats, Heated Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. Foot-kicker Boot Opener, Blue
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

daveb1089 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:22 pm I am on my second Grandland X, both that have had and have that facility and I have searched for that option but alas, have yet to find it. Yet another anomaly that Vauxhall omitted when they let the ‘apprenticeship class’ design this model 😂😂.
Daveb1089
Thanks Dave. Not great is it when it’s minus 5 outside and you are worried unlocking the car it’ll snap the frozen motor. Nearly all other makes have some way of disabling this feature for the winter months. So what do you do when the mirrors are frozen? Do you de-ice them first? Or just open the car via the fob and hope for the best 😂
daveb1089

Post by daveb1089 »

PeteW
Yes I understand where you’re coming from with the motors. Luckily I live in the South West and our climate isn’t too bad most of the time, albeit that we have just had a fairly cold snap!! My car has comfort entry, so I just grab the handle and the car unlocks. If I was really concerned, I would pour some warm water, not hot, over them but I have never felt the need for this so far.
Daveb 1089
Grandland X 1.2 20 (70) Elite Nav Premium Turbo, LED Headlights, 8 Speed Gearbox. Moon Roof 19” wheels, Folding/Dipping Door Mirrors, Heated and Ventilated Leather Seats, Heated Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. Foot-kicker Boot Opener, Blue
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

daveb1089 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:25 pm PeteW
Yes I understand where you’re coming from with the motors. Luckily I live in the South West and our climate isn’t too bad most of the time, albeit that we have just had a fairly cold snap!! My car has comfort entry, so I just grab the handle and the car unlocks. If I was really concerned, I would pour some warm water, not hot, over them but I have never felt the need for this so far.
Daveb 1089
Yeah mine has this comfort entry also, or you can open via the fob. It also has where you can open, close the boot via your foot. So all areas for concern when the car has an ice sheet covering it. Thanks for the replies though, appreciated. I’ll see how it gets on when the next frost hits.
SCRUMPYBOY

Post by SCRUMPYBOY »

My passenger side auto mirror has stopped retracting altogether, not sure why.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

So worked it out. There is a button on the drivers door to manually bring in the wing mirrors. If you do this then you need to manually open them back out again and won’t automatically do this on unlocking the doors. So not the greatest but it’s a work around when you know it’s going to freeze. You can then unlock the car, defrost and then manually extend them back out, once you are confident they are not frozen. (Baring in mind you remembered to do this before locking the car for the evening) definitely a Friday afternoon thought by an apprentice this one.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post