Denon Sound System & Speakers

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Has anybody got the Denon system fitted to the car? I know it is standard on the ultimate and wondered how it sounded. I understand the sub-woofer goes where the spare would normally go. If possible a photo of the boot installation would be appreciated to see how much room it takes.
It's just one of the options I would consider on the Elite. Is the standard sound system in the Grandland OK? I've never really thought the system in my Mokka and Mokka X is that good. I think the system with 7 speakers in my Meriva was better.

Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

I find the sound system pretty good in the Grandland. At home all my sound equipment is Bose so I do like my music but I have no complaints with it and to be adding something else reducing the boot capacity was not an option for me.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Mark, that was my concern as in my Mokka X I currently use that area to store the seat from my wife's mobility scooter. It's amazing how much you can pack in there when going on holiday. Will put money to the AFL LED's as cannot go back to halogen lights after having LED's on my Mokka X.
Ken
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I dont have the Denon (still waiting to hear from anyone who actually got the Ultimate line model here!) but the standard system is great.

I like my music heavy with lots of bass and the system doesnt fail me...theres a simple EQ on the system that works well.

Having left the system on while out of the car I can testify that its fairly loud and punchy!

Id never sacrifice the boot space tbh as the boot was the biggest factor why I chose the car and wondered how they might make the Denon better than the standard kit...theres better ways to add subwoofers these days surely than a big box in the boot? Theres some great underseat subwoofer systems around I think worst case?
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Opelman

Post by Opelman »

I have the Denon sound system with Intellilink 5.0 and to be honest the sound quality was a slight disappointment.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Opelman wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:45 pm I have the Denon sound system with Intellilink 5.0 and to be honest the sound quality was a slight disappointment.
Reviving an older thread....anyone that has the Ultimate version....where are your speakers located please....and do you have one particularly in the front dashboard near to the windscreen?
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

can this denon sound system be reto fitted , or do you need complete loom sections to do it .
does anyone know if the cable and plug for the denon system are in the boot area tucked away .
I found the center dash speaker plug , bought the correct speaker , but no sound output .
it proberley only works once the subwoofer box is fitted .
2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey
vwvictim

Post by vwvictim »

Hi guys, I'm proud owner of an Opel GLX 2l Diesel and ordered the Denon Sondsystem.
I didn't expect to get "Bose" quality, but what I got for additional 800€ is a shame. I actually begun doing some reverse engineering in order to improve this piece of ..
Look at "" where a series of 4 videos explain improvements. (Unfortunatly, it's in german language with a bavarian flavour :? )
In my opinion, damming the door with Alubutyl foil is a major step forward for a few bucks.

Did somebody do some investigation, how the subwoofer of Denon is connected to the radio ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post