Elite nav roofrack

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
bayza

Post by bayza »

Little update for anyone who may be interested in info on the roof bars and cycles carriers:

I purchased the 'without roof rails' bars and had them on in 10 minutes, though it took Vauxhall over 1 month to send them.

The good news is the t-tracks on the VX bars are the same fitting at Thule's default 20x20. So having bought a Thule Pro-ride 598, they slide straight on, no additional fixtures needed.

Hope this is useful for someone as I couldn't find any information on it!

Ayejay70

Post by Ayejay70 »

Hi Kyle.
Yes, they're the roof bars I have for my elite nav. They're dead easy to fit but can leave slight Mark's where they come into contact with the paint work so I've put some adhesive rubber pads on the brackets and they work a treat. I cant recomend a bike carrier though as I only use my bars for a roof box. Sorry.
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Hi just an update on the roof bars, unfortunately I've had to send ours back as the roof bars went on so nice and easy the first time. Thee second time they were not secure to the car due to the fact the grey plastic part within the locking mechanism came away on each of the bars. The plastic lugs snapped off leaving us unable to lock them in place. We asked for another set to be sent and the same thing happened again. I contacted Vauxhall, they said they weren't aware of any issues and pointed me back to the company I bought them from. Gutted now, the ones I bought were off ebay and both sets were new and came from a reputable company. Where do We go from here?
Your thoughts please.

IMG-20190619-WA0009.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post