Hand free probs

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Nick22

Post by Nick22 »

Hi does anyone else have a problem with their hands free? The problem is the reception on the receivers end I can hear them fine but they say they can hardly hear me and that there’s a lot of screeching and crackling,
I’ve only had my grandland for 8 weeks (68) And in this time it has been back to dealer twice for this the most recent time they have told me my phone (iphone7) is not compatible with the car 😳 wtf ? They gave me a list of compatible phone all on list are 2015 phones! Now I was never at any point during the sale told the car was not compatible with all phones I think they’re trying to fob me off! That’s not going to happen 😡😡 so I’m wondering if anyone else has had any problems or if you do have an iphone7 and have no problems please tell me! I even messaged through chat to Vauxhall if my phone was compatible and they said yes so where do I go next, on the verge of taking the car back and telling them to shove it where sun don’t shine as it’s no good to me with out a good hands free please help thanks 🙏
Grandland X Elite Nav in White 2018 (68)

mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 »

Yeah, I've had people tell me that they have difficulty hearing me. Samsung S8, but also tried a Motorola. I have an iPhone6 as well that I don't use - I'll try that as well when I get time and see if it's any better, but to be honest, I don't thinks it's a Bluetooth/Phone issue, it's more likely to be a microphone, microphone location or suppression issue.
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018
Nick22

Post by Nick22 »

Yep you have same model as me so wondering if it’s a fault in this model, I’ve contacted Vauxhall about this not just local dealer and they are now on the case too fingers crossed it sorted soon or they’ll be having the car back, have threatened them with the motor ombudsman will let you know what happens
mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 »

Taken a while, but I tried the iphone 6 and people I spoke to said that there was no difference, just as bad as before, so I really don't think it's the phone.

@Nick22, let us know what Vauxhall say.

Regards
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018
Nick22

Post by Nick22 »

They’re ordering a new mic to fit not holding my breath as all the system not showing names of contacts on my call list and doesn’t alway load all contacts!
Neurotica

Post by Neurotica »

Same here from Greece. About the problem of not always loading all contacts.
KeEp ThE fAiTh . . .
Nick22

Post by Nick22 »

Ok so I’ve had mic replaced and there’s no difference! now told Vauxhall they are having the car back due to not matching description and mis sold emails the complaints department and didn’t hear anything so kicked of big time been to citizens advice and I’m in my rights to return car so email and informed them this is what’s gonna happen now had a phone call to say they have authority to replace the radio system! Although in the past few days the names and contacts have been loading and showing so fingers crossed that’s working ok now let’s hope they sort the reception out, was told at dealers that they hadn’t had any other complaints regarding this issue so I’m guessing it’s a fault on my car and maybe not that common will keep you posted on what happens
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I have had complaints it is tricky to here me on the motorway, but around town and normal roads it is fine.

I know the iPhone contact problem was a firmware issue, but was fixed middle of last year with an update, not sure what version you are on
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
Nick22

Post by Nick22 »

So an update I have now had a new infotainment system fitted after telling them they mis sold the car to me as they started saying my phone was not compatible and not on compatibility list! Neither was the phone I had at time of purchase so a quick threat with I’ll see you in court and hey presto new unit arrived in a couple,of days despite being told 3 week waiting list and now the hands free is clear all contacts are syncing and all is well fingers crossed,
I did also have use of the demonstrator grandland x which also had a very bad reception on the receiving end so maybe a dodgy batch, both these cars are 68 plates so worth a pester if yours is not working correct x
Good luck