Anyone else passed the 10k mile point yet?

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Im nearing 11k now, still smiling and loving the drive since Feb when I picked it up.

I guess it will soon be ready for a service at 12k.....that will be interesting to see how its fared mechanically....no issues that I am aware of....hmmm....lets see.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red

Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

Yep! Currently on 12,800. Hoping I'll last until February for my 16k Service :)
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Baronoli wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:58 pm Yep! Currently on 12,800. Hoping I'll last until February for my 16k Service :)
Me too!

Michelin tyres arent doing too bad aswell at this point, Im quite surprised?

I didnt get suckered in with the service plan mind luckily...pay as you go for me. ;)
Jase
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

My Grandland is 8 months old with 6700 miles on the clock and the service reminder display is suggesting that a service is due in 3 weeks, just a little premature I believe. Visiting the dealer on Monday to have the reminder reset.
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

edgejedi wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:20 pm
Baronoli wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:58 pm Yep! Currently on 12,800. Hoping I'll last until February for my 16k Service :)
Me too!

Michelin tyres arent doing too bad aswell at this point, Im quite surprised?

I didnt get suckered in with the service plan mind luckily...pay as you go for me. ;)
Continentals on mine! Seem good :)

How are your front pads? Mine look low to me already and a bit squeaky? Very disappointed if so :(. I am driving in London everyday stop/start though!
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Spikey, mine used to tell me the same although I never had any in car warnings... I just ignored it.

My current Onstar...

20181202_225500.jpg

Jase
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

Jase, Took a couple of minutes to have the service reminder reset at the dealer this morning. At last the dreaded “SPANNER.” Icon is no longer displayed and I don’t have to acknowledge the service reminder each morning on start up.
As my motor was one of the early build of 300 intended for use as demonstrators I suspect I’m running a relatively early version of onboard software.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Ive definitely never had a spanner warning pop up for sure. Ah well, on towards the magic 16k when we'll see how its fared at service...
Jase
mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 »

Since my AD blue warning came on and I've topped up, I now have the spanner warning telling me my service is due in either 6 months or 550 miles. I've done about 8,500 so I'm not due yet. I presume a quick stop in to the local Vauxgeot dealer will fix it or will it take a few hours like most "simple" thing do these days. I have read on how to reset it myself, but will that then set the warning back to another 16,000 from here (24,500) or just set it back to the first one being at 16,000?

Regards
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018
1014arrow

Post by 1014arrow »

Just had my first service at 20k ( 68plate 1.5D Elite Nav). Nothing major wrong. Asked for rear brakes to be cleaned as the handbrake was sticking slightly when pulling away. Seems OK now. They've reset the service countdown to 18700 for some reason, rather than 20000 and they told me a Satnav update wasn't available as the car was too new. This obviously makes no sense so after reading the forum I updated it myself and it's worked a treat.
You'd like to think you're getting the best advice from a Vauxhall dealership but this wasn't my experience (Arnold Clark, Stirling).