Not What I ordered

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
DaveRawks

Post by DaveRawks »

So I’m here at the Vauxhall dealers to pick up my new Sport Nav which I ordered in October and sure enough No keyless entry, Power tailgate or tinted windows. Let the battle commence

spiro

Post by spiro »

Threaten to cancel the order and see what you can get out of them if you want to keep the car. I cancelled my order yesterday then they asked what could they do to keep the sale and I got them to fit a £700 tow bar for free. Best of luck.
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack
m7xtWvtW

Post by m7xtWvtW »

Just wondering if and how you managed to get this settled with the dealership? I was given an emailed brochure which included all those features for the Elite Nav when I had ordered on 7th Oct (I'm actually still waiting for delivery which has been put back twice, 16 weeks in total now for a base model without modifications, but that's another story). It's looking increasingly likely that my order will also be missing these features which technically is not what I was led to believe since I wasn't made aware that they didn't come as standard (they did tell me about the LED headlights and 360 degree camera not being standard anymore).
dbuckel

Post by dbuckel »

Any vehicle ordered August 18 or later will be a 2019 model year specification which can be seen by looking a the price list that you will get sent to you if you go on the VM web site and order as a sales brochure.
An Elite Nav will not have Led lights or 360 camera (don't think it has ever been standard on that model) it will also not have keyless entry, powered tailgate or tinted rear windows.
Citydesk

Post by Citydesk »

Well guys mine was ordered in July '18 as as standard Elite Nav 1.2 auto so should have had all the bits like keyless entry, power tailgate and tinted windows. Because it is a lease car it kept being pushed back I finally received it in March 19. Eight months after order without the aforementioned options. Not only that it was originally due to be delivered in January but the supplying dealer sold the original car to someone else, and told me they couldn't deliver it until March, and had to re order mine again without the extras. To say that I am naffed off is an understatement. The only saving grace is it is a nice car to drive. I think PSA are trying to drive Vauxhall into the ground as it seems that each year they drop standard options and charge you for the privilege. Next time I'll be ordering something different as this experience has put me off Vauxhall.
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

This always seems the problem with Vauxhalls or any other make it seems, they release a model with equipment on the slowly remove items, if you buy the launch model you get more and for the first few months it stays the same, then slowly remove stuff and don't lower the price. it happened on the Astra's I had before the Grandland.

The way it looks, the model lineup now more closely matched the Peugeot 3008, before the Grandland had more on it and was slightly cheaper
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
Citydesk

Post by Citydesk »

I find the whole Grandland line pretty uninspiring now as there is not enough difference between the models. The only bits mine has over the Sport nav is the panoramic roof, leather seats and a wireless charger which to be honest is about as much use as a chocolate teapot, even more so when most phones don't have wireless charging! The only reason I went for the Elite was that my original order for the Sport Nav with the AGR seats coul not be built, they then become standard after I have changed the order (go figure).

Also the 3008 has a better spec e.g. the GT line premium which is roughly the equivalent of the elite nav has this as standard somewhat better that the grandland for a similar price:
PEUGEOT Open and Go
Smart electric tailgate
Panoramic opening glass roof
Driver seat-multi-point massage function
19" alloy wheels
LED Headlights
Digital dash
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

The problem with that is the GT line premium is over £2500 list price more than the elite nav, and the grandland has bigger discounts, the GT line is closer in spec and is still £500 more.

Ok there is you could say the 3008 looks better and the dash does impress you when you see it, I just did not like the little steering wheel.

But maybe next time I might change my mind
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
Incontinent Lemur

Post by Incontinent Lemur »

Did you get it sorted Dave?