"Ding" noise whilst driving

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi all, i too have this issue with my grandland sport nav diesel auto.
When i turn right and use the indicator, i get a "ding" sound and the sat nav screen changes to show me all local amenities. I have no idea why this happens, but find it quite annoying. I press a green arrow on the top left of the sat nav screen and then things go back to normal. Any ideas hiw to stop this happening, its quite annoying.....
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018

Plastivore

Post by Plastivore »

I think Mark replied in this thread that the issue comes from a fault (voltage drop) in a headlamp. I remember seeing more details about that in other threads of the forum.

My car has done it to me only once for now, but if it does it too often, I'll definitely look into having the headlamp replaced before the warranty runs out.
18 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 1.6 Turbo D
Fredave

Post by Fredave »

Had my car 5 hours, and it’s done this twice. I’ll record the problem with the dealership, and see what happens. I’ll not hold my breath.
1.2 Sports Nav. GrandlandX, in Dark Ruby Red.
Offwego

Post by Offwego »

Happened to me twice in the month I've owned the Grandland, both whilst turning left
Still love the car though!
Grandland x 1.2 turbo sports nav
thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

The dings are usually the front radar picking up pedestrians. Next time it dies it see if anyone is walking in front of the car, even quite a distance away.
Incontinent Lemur

Post by Incontinent Lemur »

Has anyone actually got to the bottom of why this happens yet? :shock:

Or is this an incurable disease for Grandlands? :cry:
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

It is definitely a voltage drop,but it does not stay registered when you switch off as it resets. If it happens go straight to the dealer and don't switch off.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Fredave

Post by Fredave »

It happened to me within 10 miles of picking it up. Vauxhall technical are aware, and are apparently working on a fix. Was told that no parts are to be replaced until they come up with a fix.
1.2 Sports Nav. GrandlandX, in Dark Ruby Red.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post