"Ding" noise whilst driving

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
happyhippy

Post by happyhippy »

Evening all - quick question.

When driving around I have heard, on a few occasions, a "ding" noise but nothing else happens, nothing on any screen etc.

Today whilst driving about, the "bing" noise happened again but this time the satnav screen popped up with all the local Baylis dealers in the area on there. Is this the car saying it needs to go home for some reason?

Only difference today was the map popping up (I did have a fiddle with the setup last night - ticked the traffic and flash (whatever that is) boxes on one of the screens (can't remember which one now!) and moments later I had an email from Onstar with the latest "diagnostic" email (all green, nothing wrong).

Just a bit puzzled.

new2GLX

Post by new2GLX »

Hello,

I too have a “ding” noise then the sat Nav screen pops up with the nearest Vauxhall dealers. The screen disappears after a few minutes. Today I heard a “ding” and saw a message in the dashboard about declutch but the message disappeared before I could read it. I wonder if these messages are stored somewhere. I am not wanting to visit dealer without having some constructive to show or tell them, as generally the visit will be a waste of my time.

Appreciate if anyone can throw some light on the issue.

Otherwise, quite enjoying the Grandland X
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 in black
Been buying Vauxhall’s since 1987
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Hi,

Had this problem with my GX (Elite nav 18 plate) which started a few days after I got it. It happen without any relation to the driving condition and appears randomly. the "Ding" sound" is momentary but I did spot (not always) a very quick flash of the service light on the instrument cluster. The car went to the dealer who couldn't find any standing or past faults registered on the car maintenance computer so the car was handed back. It is still an open work order with the dealer and I'm trying to record the "dings" when they happen and see if it related to a specific driving condition.

The change in the navigation is not the car fault. It is a built in feature of Onstar that as soon as a fault is flagged by the car it will automatically show you the way to your nearest service station. at the moment it is just annoying. A press on the "Nav" button will get you back to your current navigation.
Elite Nav 1.2 Auto, black & panoramic roof
thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

I have had the dings a couple if times. I just put it down to some thing been picked up by the pedestrian avoidance radar. Not done it for quite a few weeks now.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

These occasional dings which are related to the safety features. I've had these dings for example if I've not had a tight grip of the steering wheel... it dings and flashes up on the dashboard 'take control of the wheel' so quick and vanishes... meant to get attention I suspect.... even when I was in control already... driver alertness I suppose. Maybe try turning that function off in the main car settings on the screen and see if it continues?
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Svx

Post by Svx »

I've been having the same issue for a while. Ding noise followed by the sat nav suggesting a number of nearby garages, before disappearing. There are no warning lights however. Taken back to dealership who had it for the day and found nothing and no logs :roll: . Continued driving and still having the issue which started to prompt daily, taken straight in following a prompt and dealership found a host of spontaneous random fault logs. Back in today to investigate and hopefully get to the bottom of this and correct it as its really annoying and not expected from a new car.
Svx

Post by Svx »

Update on my last post- It was placed back into transport mode and back out again in the hope this would solve it....it didn't. So it went back in today and they have completed an update in the hope this will have cleared it. It has also been raised with vauxhall but hopefully this will have worked🤞 Anyone else had any joy?
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

This happened to ne months ago. Turned out it was a voltage drop in the headlamp unit. It only occured when i braked and indicated right. The unit was replaced and cured the issue.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
happyhippy

Post by happyhippy »

It happened once more with me - car on drive and defrosting back / front window and then I had to go back indoors (don't leave the car running and open round these parts!) so switched engine off, went back in and came out about 5 minutes later. Started the car, ding and the garage map popped up with the engine management light.

Thought i would get to work and then drop in the garage on the way home - started the car up again 6 hours later, no ding, no management light and hasn't happened since!

Will keep an eye on it and then whip it to the garage if it happens again
happyhippy

Post by happyhippy »

Well, it went in for a check today and unsurpisingly, they called and said no fault found.....no codes recorded.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post