AddBlue counter won't reset

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Paul12345Brighton

Post by Paul12345Brighton »

Here we go again - yet another problem with the 3 month old diesel Grandland X. I've only driven it for 2 months as Vauxhall had it back for a month to finish building it! (doors and tailgate out of alignment, glass falling out etc).
So after hitting about 3000 miles on the clock the service light came on and started counting down that I needed a service in 500 miles. It went into Vauxhall dealer and they could not find out why the service light had come on but as it clearly was not due for a service they reset the counter. While it was in they topped up the AddBlue. the problem is that the Addblue counter will not reset. I'm getting a warning saying that starting will be disabled in 1700 miles if I don't top up the AddBlue -but the AddBlue tank is full. Vauxhall dealer was unable to sort it so I have had to book the car back in for further investigation. They've had it for 2 days now and still can't fix it so they have opened a case with Vauxhall. Not impressed - anyone else had this issue?

mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 »

Ignore the Ad Blue at 1700 miles, this is a bad design by Vauxgeot. What this means is that when you get to <1700 miles left it will then start to give you proper warnings, but for now you are above the 1700 limit, it just doesn't show you how much above....
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018
thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

Are you getting a warning all the time or only when you press the check button. It's completely normal for the check to always say 1700 miles until it gets below that number then it will count down. Rubbish design but nothing wrong with it.
Paul12345Brighton

Post by Paul12345Brighton »

Thanks for the replies. If as you say this is normal then it is yet another example of very poor design on this car, and if it is normal I wonder why Vauxhall technical appear to have no idea that it is normal? They have asked for my car back for another day to do 'more investigation'!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post