Wireless phone charging

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
gra108

Post by gra108 »

Will check with dealership as the wireless charger is still standard speck in the latest ultimate ,
Parts shortsge will most probaly explain why i have a monka fuse box. Very confusing if i need to find out which fuse has blown.

Xubuntu50

Post by Xubuntu50 »

For anyone whose phone will work with any USB charger - that is, a charger that is non proprietary by the phone manufacturer - or for a phone that never had proprietary wireless charging built in, there is a simple way to utilise the car's wireless charging. Obtain a "wireless charging adaptor" from eBay (£2 - £3) and attach the adaptor to some card or hardboard. Experiment to find the best position against the car's charging pad. Also provide a USB extension cable from the adaptor to the phone's USB charging socket so that the phone can more easily be hooked up as required. A few dabs of glue make the rig more durable. I bought an adaptor for £2 and it's been working perfectly for months.

Agree with the previous comment about Apple not using internationally agreed interfaces. Third parties struggle to say abreast of changes - and likely have to buy licensing for their trouble. I wouldn't go near them.
gra108

Post by gra108 »

After talking with dealer ship the wireless phone charger was removed July 7th 2021 on all models except Business edition, It is also not available as an option.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for letting us know. Maybe you could look at getting it retrofitted ?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Shaft1973

Post by Shaft1973 »

I had this issue and they bagged me saying it's vauxhall policy they can change I kicked off and said I want money back as I'd paid for wireless charging and not got it just got a big round cubby hole that's useless except for junk. Got some free stuff boot mat and mud flaps. I'm probably still down

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post