CD Player

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
bobthebob

Post by bobthebob »

What's this about! In the infotainment manual it says there's a CD player in the glove box?

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

bobthebob wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:22 pm What's this about! In the infotainment manual it says there's a CD player in the glove box?
lol - wishful thinking....now where did I put my Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear CD compilation again....oh yes....in the bin! :lol:

Im totally now addicted to Spotify.... :roll:
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
bobthebob

Post by bobthebob »

:D :D :D Exactly! No room to store the 8 tracks if there were one in there...
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

The glove compartment, OMG. Dont get me started. Literally, what a waste of space!!! I think I fit a glasses case in there and thats that.

Although the wine cooler in the centre arm rest was a nice touch, I think they could have done to have refrigerated that part.... :lol:

#anotherwasteofspace
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Hi all
Have had my Grandland X a couple of months and am missing my CDs, have all the tunes on flash drives and phone but sometimes just want to play a CD.

All I want is simple CD player with feed into system via USB lead. Have searched internet / Amazon but most refer to Aux inputs.

So..... anyone have an ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

The only “way in” to the audio system is probably going to be bluetooth streaming. You can buy relatively cheap analog audio or SPDIF (digital coax/optical) converter boxes to Bluetooth, so you could feed a portable CD player into something like that and tuck it away er... well not in the glovebox. Of course it’s going to be a bit of faff unless you can find a bluetooth streamer that powers up say from USB or the accessory 12V socket and connects straight away. It’s possible, but whether it’s really worth it I’m not entirely sure. After all you still need to store your CDs somewhere.

Simon
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Cheers Simon.

How can something so simple be so ****ing difficult
Kobbernagel

Post by Kobbernagel »

edgejedi wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:57 pm The glove compartment, OMG. Dont get me started. Literally, what a waste of space!!!
Just to get You even more annoyed with the glove compartment, I am living in Denmark, at my left hand drive Opel Grandland X, has a huge glove compartment :D