Temperature display very poor

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi guys. Does anybody know how i can make the outside temperature and time display on the display screen brighter. I cannot really see it. Everything else is fine, radio labels, sat nav screen etc. :roll:
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018

Parkman

Post by Parkman »

It is most annoying. If you take a look at the link below you will see previous complaints and it appears Vauxhall think that it is acceptable?
I suggest that it is a safety issue having to peer at the screen when you should be able to glance at it.
It surely cannot be rocket science to fix with a software patch?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=107&hilit=grey
aureldelic

Post by aureldelic »

I already said but the one thing I hate on this car is the infotainment software design, and the poor screen :/
I wish I could get in touch with someone directly who manages software for the infotainment..
I even don't think there was an update since it was introduced, except the maps..
Opel Grandland X, Ultimate + sunroof + alarm, Topaz Blue, 1.6T petrol
ScubadaveUK

Post by ScubadaveUK »

The issue with the display has been an ongoing problem for well over a year now with numerous complaints, in my opinion the the dimmed text is totally unreadable and the infotainment people have done diddly quat about it. I don't think they ever intend to. I would be extremely surprised if anyone from Vauxhall ever read these forums as I don't think they give a damn anyway
Grandland X Topaz Blue Elite Nav 1.2
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

ScubadaveUK wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:41 pm I don't think they ever intend to. I would be extremely surprised if anyone from Vauxhall ever read these forums as I don't think they give a damn anyway
You might be surprised....my local dealer has an account here and has previously directed me here to look up questions that I put to them (wouldnt update my maps - sent me here to find out how to do that myself...).

If they need a fix then why not search the obvious forums for people who have found solutions. Of course, anything that costs them money Im sure they will want to save on and get away with. :lol:

Of course, I didnt say I had an account here.... :lol:

Google trawls this site pretty regularly too as its open to the world pretty much (Hi world!)
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
ScubadaveUK

Post by ScubadaveUK »

Thanks edgejedi but the problem with the dimmed text on the infotainment system has had many a complaint by other forum members and it's been a problem forever and Vauxhall or Opel have done diddly quat. What also I find annoying is the updates which we are supposed to get 4 a year take forever to materialise, the My Vauxhall site has the 2019 Q1 update and within 2 days we'll be in Q3.
ScubadaveUK

Post by ScubadaveUK »

See my post regarding dimmed text as it gives an email address to complain to
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

Map updates are now at version 14 on peugeot site. Also a firmware update to vesion 2107.67.32, which fixs very little, my non working voice control, whuch the dealer said works fine !!!, now works everytime. Map display looks a little different
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post