Pushed Back Lead-time on Autobox

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Onecarefulowner

Post by Onecarefulowner »

I've had an order in for a Techline Nav with an autobox via a leasing company since December 18 . The delivery date is late April this year which is probably just a standard 16 week estimate . I have found a posting on line from a dealer in the midlands that suggests the autobox cars will be pushed back to June! Any whispers ?

Onecarefulowner

Apologies Wrong area for post
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

No problem, moved to the chat areas, welcome on board!
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Onecarefulowner

Thanks
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

I ordered mine in October 18 & took delivery February 19 = 17 weeks. I'm very pleased with the 8 speed auto & the car as a whole.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Onecarefulowner

Had to go the 2.0 litre diesel as they stopped doing the 1.5 with an auto box in January. Of course now the 1.5 is back now with the 6 speed auto. Why the hell they stopped doing it for 4 months is so Vauxhall they seem to do nonsense like that
Citydesk

Post by Citydesk »

Hi, I was in a similar situation with a lease car and in the end I had to wait eight months! One of the reasons that we suffer when ordering a lease car is that these orders are usually pushed backwards as dealers have to give a larger discount to the lease companies and in turn earn more from private sales. Not right I know but seems to be a fact of life. Also keep an eye on the specification of the car as I ordered mine when it was a 2018 model and by the time it was built it was a 2019 model and had some items deleted from the standard spec. which then became extras.
Onecarefulowner

Yes I suffered from the lease car pushback thing last time around and that was for not a particularly popular model . Sort of takes the fun out of getting a new car as by the time you get it you've sort of stopped caring . Leasing companies keeping delivery time like state secrets do not help . All in all a pretty joyless process. Can we go back to great fields of new cars somewhere in Northamptonshire when all you had to do was pick a colour
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

I ordered my 1.2T Elite Nav in November with the 8 speed auto box. Took delivery In March about 17 weeks. This is my first auto after 50 years of manual boxes. Very pleased with it so far as it it very smooth and certainly makes driving a lot more relaxing.
Onecarefulowner

Pushed the leasing company about delivery after the made up delivery date had expired . Apparently the dealer has had delivery of the car but can't tell me yet when it can be delivered . Grrrrr leasing companies . Don't even know where the dealership that has it is . Another state secret . Ah well quite fancy a 69 reg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post