Bird dropping on black roof

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
m4tt

Post by m4tt »

Hi all,

Have had our (second hand) 67 plate Grandland X Elite Nav for nearly a week now. Has anyone had issues with bird droppings on the black paint? The car got splattered a bit yesterday afternoon so I washed it this morning and the black paint has completely come off in splatter marks leaving the blue paint underneath coming through. Surely this cannot be right, car paint has to be able to withstand a bird dropping for less than a day.
I know bird droppings are not good for paintwork on cars in general but to completely remove the paint in that sort of time seems a bit sh*t if you can pardon the pun.
Just wondering if anyone else has had any similar issues and has any advice of touching up the paintwork or maybe even going to Vauxhall?

Spikey

Post by Spikey »

Living on the coast the black roof on my Grandland gets regularly targeted by the seagulls but in my case the mess can always be removed without leaving any visible damage to the paintwork.
m4tt

Post by m4tt »

I must have been unlucky with whatever this bird had eaten. Does anyone know the paint code for a touch up stick? It’s not a plain black, it’s very glossy with red looking metallic flakes in it.
new2GLX

Post by new2GLX »

I to have a standard roof and not had no issues with paintwork. My one is Diamond black metallic paint. The touch up paint bought from my local dealer has G70 and GM part code 95599944.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 in black
Been buying Vauxhall’s since 1987

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post