All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
faz18

Post by faz18 »

Hey

Bit strange but today my car said “eco mode activated, car will shut off”

No idea what this is can anyone help?

Aberoy

Post by Aberoy »

I presume you were parked at the time, this is a feature to preserve battery life. It’ll switch off all non essential electric, you have to restart your engine to deactivate.
Bit of Spain for me as I work in my car so can’t keep my phone charged, work wipers etc. without constantly restarting and running the engine.
Grandland X 1.2T (130) Elite Nav
Aberoy

Post by Aberoy »

A pain, not Spain 😂
Grandland X 1.2T (130) Elite Nav
faz18

Post by faz18 »

Aberoy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:33 am I presume you were parked at the time, this is a feature to preserve battery life. It’ll switch off all non essential electric, you have to restart your engine to deactivate.
Bit of Spain for me as I work in my car so can’t keep my phone charged, work wipers etc. without constantly restarting and running the engine.
Hey,

Yes I was parked makes sense now! Thanks! 😂😂
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

You can turn on the ignition without starting the engine if it's keyless, just don't press the clutch. Might help to keep things on longer?
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

I was told about this trick by some who has a different make of keyless car. I've tried it on my Grandland X and it does turn on the ignition without starting the car.
gamerouche

Post by gamerouche »

Although my Grandland x is a lovely vehicle, I'm a bit tapped off with this economy mode switching in. My Mrs. came in a while ago saying she couldn't start the car! I went outside & turned the key but nothing happened. Next minute, I don't know how but the engine started. I've always had Vauxhalls with no problems but this is a pain. Is there a definitive answer to switching this economy mode malarkey off? Regards Gam
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Yes it does my head in too. I mentioned it to the vauxhall garage last month when the car went in for service. I got the impression they didn't know about it. As they asked us to take a photo of the dashboard to show them. We asked them to disable it, not sure what they did, however its not come back on since the service.
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

ECO comes in when battery is getting down and is to protect battery. When a battery is well charged it should not occur. When I was having S/S issues it was coming on all the time. That was when I was told I was not driving it enough. In the end after having RAC out twice and no support from Vauxhall I invested in an AGM battery as recommended by the RAC. Since fitting ECO mode has never so far appeared during the past 9 months and S/S has worked well. I believe an AGM battery is now being fitted to the year 20 models, but not sure.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post