Test drive

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Booked a test drive this afternoon at my local Vauxhall dealers. They have one of the first Elite Navs on demo. It was the 1.2 petrol manual which is the engine I'm interested in but in automatic.

I've read the 'lawn mower engine' and such comments so was keen to try it for myself.

Very surprised how good it was!!! If I didn't know the engine configuration, after driving it I would have guessed at it being a 1.8 or 2.0 litre engine. It pulled up the hills I drove it on with no problem and also had a good turn of acceleration with a nice engine tone.

Sat down with the salesman to discuss the options of cash, 0% finance or PCP. Their figures didn't come close to the other dealer I spoke to about buying a Grandland. I'm waiting on the first dealer calling me soon when they get their demo car in so I can test drive it again and see what their figures are for the options available.

I think I'm going to order one as the only thing I was unsure about was that engine but those fears have been removed now. The inside of the Elite Nav was a very nice place to be!!
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Coming from a 2.2 CDTI Antara I expected the worst of a 1.2....but trust me, you'll love it and be surprised at the pull away of it. Technology has changed so much.

As for gadgets, bells and whistles.... I was soon sold on it!! Have a great drive!
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red