Subwoofer

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
redz

Post by redz »

HI,

New company car owner here, picked up today.

The sound system lacks bass imo. Has anybody found a simple way to connect an aftermarket subwoofer?

Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I'm sure it's possible but the option uses the spare wheel area to house a sub. You would probably have to sacrifice boot space and have an amplifier installed from the head unit. I would love to find more technical information on the Navi 5 unit such as what connections are available. I am very pleased with the standard system audio quality, but I had to tweak the tone settings... I found it sounds better with the bass set to minimum and the loudness switched on, mid and treble initially set to flat (mid) then gradually increase bass until you are happy with it, also try dropping the mid range a little below flat and a slight increase in treble. Also don't have the balance too far back as the rear door speakers can sound a bit muddy, so try moving the sound field forwards a bit. Hope that helps.
Compared to my previous vauxhalls (Astra gtc, insignia, Vectra) the Grandland has much better definition on top and midrange.
vwvictim

Post by vwvictim »

the german company ARS24 have a good explanation to build a really high quality sound system.

You may find 3 youtube videos espacially for Grandland.
In my opinion buying a Pioneer TS-WX130EA is a good choice.
You may find it difficult to plug into your Intelli4 or 5. The video shows how to hook into version 4.
I'm actually connecting to version 5 which is completely different. I found a plug and play T-connector in Poland
which I ordered a couple of days ago. It looks promising and if it works I'll provide mored detail.

A really important issue is to dam the doors! This is hard work but inexpensive. I did the that with my old car
and the result is mind blowing. The video covers that topic as well.
Roy206

Post by Roy206 »

Do you have a name or link from the polish seller?
I also figured out that the intellilink 5.0 have a other connector and still searching for the right connector for my 5.0

Many thanks
Roy
Roy206

Post by Roy206 »

I found the connector wich is for the intellink 5.0 head unit wich is mounted underneath the shifter at right side( pull the panel off )

Screenshot_20210313-174737_Samsung Internet.jpg