Order placed

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

I visited the Vauxhall dealers that supplied my present car 6 years ago (an Insignia ST) this morning to discuss options on buying the Grandland X. I was offered the best discount through CarWow at this dealer. After about 20 mins of looking at the various options I decided to use PCP to buy it instead of cash. The car's on the road price was £24089. This is a discount of just under 16% off the RRP of £28645 when you include the £1,200 FDA from Vauxhall.

My final spec was Elite Nav, 1.2 petrol, automatic gearbox, white Jade & winter pack 2.

I originally intended to pay cash but as my 'car fund' cash is held in a S&S Isa that fund would loose too much if I withdrew it now. I may pay off the finance at a later date when the stock market recovers.

I'm fairly pleased with this deal as it is cheaper than a lot of the pre registered Grandland demo cars for sale at the moment, it is made to my spec and I'll be the first owner on an 18 plate.

Thought I'd put the details on here for anyone who is thinking of buying a factory fresh Grandland. Try Car-wow to see what they can offer, well worth it in my opinion.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I used car wow too, but in the end I was lucky to get the spec I wanted with the model I found. I'd never come across it before but I'd definitely use it again if I was buying.

PCP is just a no brainer these days, I used to buy VWs on a similar scheme years back and exchange them at the end of the deal. I'd bought cars cash since, but depreciation is so bad now it makes sense. The depreciation on the Grandland is far less than the Crossland when I asked the dealer to compare.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Gris

Post by Gris »

Hi All
Looking to order a elite nav manual, petrol in moonstone grey
Also want winter pack 2, spare wheel and reversing camera.
Anyone ordered this spec and if so what deal did you get ?
Thanks
Gris
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Have you put your spec into car wow ? I'd suggest that is your 1st move. Don't think you can specify the reversing camera on it's own at the moment? The Grandland brochure mentions it's a feature due later in the year.

I'm putting £7,500 deposit down, add in the £1,200 Vauxhall FDA and I'm paying £182 per month for 47 months with the final payment of £10,000. Doubt the agreement will go that far before I either pay it off or swop for another but who knows eh!
Gris

Post by Gris »

Hi
Thanks for reply.
I am told the dealer needs a code in order to order camera, so I will wait until this is an option (likely early April)
I have tried car wow, but you. Cannot use partners scheme as well. So can get better deal with out carwow
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Had a call from the dealer this morning. He said they have been told a date of 17th May when the car will be ready to collect. This is nearly 14 weeks from the time I placed my order. It'll be 4 weeks on Sat, 10 weeks to go. I 'spose it's the price you have to pay for a factory fresh order !!
Smipo

Post by Smipo »

Hi there,
I placed my order on 4th February for Elite Nav with black roof. I was originally told delivery would be in April/May but had a call from my dealer last week to say delivery would now be late June! Has anyone had similar experiences? Are there any delays in factory production?

Many thanks.
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Late June ?
Blimey, I placed my order 6 days after you !!

I will not be happy if I get another call from the dealers telling me it'll be late June before my Grandland is delivered!!
If I do get that call I think i'll cancel my order sadly. I was looking at the VW Tiguan at the same time as the Grandland, maybe I'll take another look and go back to that model.
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Well, I had a look on the Tiguan forum and they are complaining on there of really long lead times for factory builds! If I do end up canceling my order it'll be a look around to see whats in stock now. There are a few models around showing a 2 week delivery time. Time to sit on my hands and see what happens for now.
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I knew when the salesman said end of march early april it was optimistic, that why when he said if he could get one sooner and I was not bothered about an 18 plate, would I be interested, I said yes

Standard spec Sport Nav in red, had it in two weeks and it really is factory fresh as all the stickers on parts are Jan or early Feb

I think as long as you keep to Standard brouchure spec they are always building these, but the moment you add any extra you join the back of the queue.

Makes me glad now I decided to say yes and not insist on the roof bars I first wanted
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White