Onstar Free email

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
chrislee133

Post by chrislee133 »

Did anyone get an email yesterday from Onstar saying “Get Onstar. Again for Free” but the main email was blank?
Elite Nav 1.2 Petrol Auto Diamond Black

Ayejay70

Post by Ayejay70 »

Hi chrislee, yeah, I got the same email on friday, I figured it was spam and ignored it. I went on the 'my Vauxhall' web site and there were no deals for onstar showing.
Did you look into it at all?
chrislee133

Post by chrislee133 »

I looked on Vauxhall site same as you but no deals. Email address seems legit though, strange. Would be nice to get the last year free before it’s gone.
Ayejay70

Post by Ayejay70 »

Yeah, I was hoping the same, butclooks like it's likely a scam.
chrislee133

Post by chrislee133 »

Just had another email that's not blank this time..........

They are offering another month for free, just press the blue button
mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 »

Has anyone signed up to On-Star after the first year?

Has anyone done it monthly?

For me the 2 benefits were remote lock/unlock and being able to query where my car was. This is handy when you fly and book a meet and greet parking option, you can keep an eye on your car and see where it's parked and if it moves during the week (and to make sure they are on the way to pick you up when you arrive at the airport).

So I was just wondering if anyone had signed up for the monthly package and then cancelled after a short term, did they have any issues cancelling, do you have to sign up for a minimum term?

Thanks
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I bought a used Grandland but OnStar isn't activated as far as I'm aware, it's just over a year old, I realise the service will shutdown in a year, is it worth subscribing and if so why? How much does it cost, shame they can't just make it free until it closes down.
satellitemandaz

Post by satellitemandaz »

Hi an old subject but has anyone got remote unlocking/locking working after Onstar shutdown, (was a subscriber) has anyone got the in car wifi working with 3 party , many thanks
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.