Bought tech line with keyless entry - received nothing of the sort

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Chrisjako

Post by Chrisjako »

Thanks all for your advice. Motability called me back today and said they will look to refund the difference between the £399 se model from the £699 tech line model advanced payment, since we would not have chosen the tech line model had it not had those 2 features - which i think is borderline fair enough

The cheek of the dealership though, if we where to walk into any vauxhall dealership today and ask for the tech line model the advance payment would only be £599 not the £699 we paid - absolutely no mention of this from the dealership.

Not only did we not get the features we where told would be on the car but we where also charged £100 extra!

This being the same dealership who recalled my dads Zafira last year on the same motability scheme, kept it for 4 months all the time never notifying us of why it was taking so long, then returned it with the entire centre section of the exhaust system missing!

Imagine being the technician delivering it to the customers house, it felt and sounded rough along with the smell of fumes in the cabin, but yet they delivered it back "fixed" in that condition

I would laugh if it wasn't for the absolute p*ss take on my disabled fathers half

fruitbat46

Post by fruitbat46 »

Call Motabilty customer care on 0300 456 4566 the car is owned by them.They are very good at solving any problems -If the car is not as described in there brochures then it is a problem for Vauxhall to sort out.
Chrisjako

Post by Chrisjako »

Thanks, i did call motability and they where very good, they have sorted out the difference between the SE and tech line advanced payment model

Here is the message from Vauxhall about the matter:
Our District Manager has liaised with JCT600 who have advised that following discussion with Motability, that Motability agreed to refund you the difference of the two models and they have confirmed that yourself/your father have advised you are satisfied with this outcome.

JCT600 have advised that they have removed any out of date brochures from the showroom and that their sales department will be tested on a weekly basis to ensure they are aware of the up-to-date knowledge regarding Vauxhall specifications. This will lessen the likelihood of this mishap re-occurring.

Please may I kindly ask if you have any further enquiries that I may assist you with?

I look forward to hearing from you.
my response
Thank you for your response, the outcome was not satisfactory however was begrudgingly accepted as a resolution.

I would just like to bring to your attention that Vauxhall and JCT600 did absolutely nothing to remedy the misrepresentation of vehicle sold and delivered.

We had to contact Motability ourselves to get the issue partially rectified and although the mistake was with JCT600 themselves they completely washed their hands of any wrong doing.

The bottom line is we were sold a car with features from the old Tech Line spec, and paid extra for it just for those features due to my father being a double above knee amputee we were really keen on adding these features to his new Motability car. The car delivered did not have these features on, nor where we told about any change we had to find out ourselves once the vehicle was in our hands.

To add insult to injury, the £699 advanced payment we paid for the tech line spec with the desired features we were pitched to was reduced to £599, probably due to the lack of features the new models came with, had we been told about the changes to spec and accepted, we should have been entitled to a £100 refund on the advance payment by the dealership. Again, no mention of this from the dealership they were unwilling to co-operate in any shape or form from the original agreement, which is acceptable only if they produced the car with the specification they sold to us.

It is only due to the great customer care at Motability that we received any such support on this matter as they refunded us the difference for the advanced payment between the tech line and SE spec models.

In this situation, Vauxhall and JCT600 have done absolutely nothing to rectify their mistake, we had to take matters into our own hands to get anything sorted.

Obviously I do realise we could exercise our consumer rights and reject the car, however that does not help my disabled father in this situation as now your prices have dramatically risen for this spec of car with powered tail gate and keyless entry features along with the hassle of having to have the vehicle changed.

There is also the uncertainty of whether he will be able to have access to a vehicle whilst this process takes place, also with the dealerships competence to deliver such a changeover (they once returned my father's Motability Zafira after 3 months of diagnostics with the centre section exhaust completely missing from the car!!!) it just doesn’t seem feasible nor do we have the confidence in the dealership to exercise our rights on this matter.

Your response gives me the same impression I got from the dealership itself, I will therefore not bother you again with this matter and just forward the report to Trading Standards and see if BBC's watchdog would be interested on making the public aware so that no-one else falls into the same misrepresentation as what my father did, seems from your official Feefo reviews on this car that we were not the only ones to fall into this trap (see attached).

Yours truthfully,

fruitbat46

Post by fruitbat46 »

I have just had the same problem on my Grandland X Elite Nav i was expecting the car to have key less entry/powered tail gate on getting the new car none of these options where on the car.I had ordered the car May 2019 did not get car till September.I refused to except the car because it did not have them. After a while and being told Vauxhall had removed them and Shown by dealership the Vauxhall web site that these are options you had to pay for I reluctantly agreed thinking I had made the mistake when ordering even though I went through every detail with the salesman.
I now believe when I ordered the car May 2019 that the options where included in the brochure I was shown.
Does anyone know if I can view a copy of brochure for that time May 2019 I have looked on line but cannot find any.
It is a mobility car and I will be contacting customer services a brochure or online site I can view a 2018/2019 brochure the only ones I can find are the new ones.
Grandlad

Post by Grandlad »

Fruitbat46,
Re archived brochures and spec lists.
Go to https://www.vauxhallfleet.co.uk/historicaldata and you will find an archive of all the various brochures and price guides which have been issued. Once at the site, use the literature drop down window and choose individual price guides - cars. In the new drop down window select grandland x and you will be presented with all the spec lists which have been issued, most recently two days ago.
You can also download the brochures, but these are just glossy promos, not detailed specs.
Hope this helps!
Grandland Hybrid4 Ultimate. Moonstone Grey, uprated charger.
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

These items were dropped for the standard spec for the 2019 model year, per the price list dated 18th July 2018 (which I can't attach as .pdf). The literature was not in dealerships until later in 2018, but should have been by May 2019.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post