Bought tech line with keyless entry - received nothing of the sort

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Chrisjako

Post by Chrisjako »

Hi folks can someone please advise

My father on Friday received his grand land x, it’s a motability car as he is disabled and has to drive with bekker hand controls

When we chose the car and options we opted for the tech line model which came with keyless entry and keyless start as well as auto tail gate and other options, we paid extra for this pack specifically for these perks since they are needed to make life easier for him, he has no legs and the car with these functions will make life easier for him opening the car and getting his scooter in and out hence why we chose it and paid the additional fee for

The car we received says tech line on the documentation, it has the upgraded sat Nav from this pack too but has no keyless entry or auto tail gate

When contacting the dealer his response was, “oh yes it looks like Vauxhall have removed these features from that model, I’ll have to call them Monday and get back to you”

WTAF!??? I cannot believe what I am hearing - can anyone spread some light on how to move forward with this ?

grahamc

Post by grahamc »

Phone Vauxhall Customer Care on 0800 0260034 make your complaint and ask for a reference or SRNE number they should take action
Chrisjako

Post by Chrisjako »

Thank you for your reply - We got the car from JCT600 in Bradford would we not have to deal with them first and foremost?

What I’m and really gobsmacked about is how they delivered the car to my dad knowing full well it didn’t have the options on that we paid for and didn’t say a thing about it
Chrisjako

Post by Chrisjako »

grahamc wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:08 pm Phone Vauxhall Customer Care on 0800 0260034 make your complaint and ask for a reference or SRNE number they should take action
from 9am - 74 mins on hold trying to wait for someone to answer :(

have given up with that route

looking at the feefo reviews on vauxhall it looks like i am not the only one with this issue
grahamc

Post by grahamc »

Dont give in they were brilliant once involved alternativly emal stephen.norman@vauxhall.co.uk he is the Managing Director and they do take notice
Plastivore

Post by Plastivore »

I'm sorry to hear about this story. The dealer really should have known better, because the trims have been updated about a year ago, now. I could understand the compications in terms of logistics when someone ordered a car in July last year, and got delivered different equipment in September, as I think the trims were updated around August 2018, but you definitely shouldn't have been told that the car had keyless entry, as it's now pretty much optional on all trims (only Ultimate has it as standard, now).
18 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 1.6 Turbo D
Chrisjako

Post by Chrisjako »

We ordered it at the dealership on the 4th February 2019

Here is the brochure they gave us when we ordered, clearly stating powered tailgate and keyless entry for the tech line edition

dbuckel

Post by dbuckel »

The brochure that you show states model year 2018-5. If your ordered your car in Feb this year you had been given the wrong brochure, model year 2019 was being built from sometime in August last year with the price list dated 18th July 2019. Most of the brochures are out of date, you need to go onto vauxhall website and get the latest price list which shows the correct spec at that time.
The same thing will apply again now anyone who offers a new car for factory build will receive a 2020 model year car with the new modified specification. You need to the ask your dealer exactly what build you are buying but you need to ask the right questions of them.
Chrisjako

Post by Chrisjako »

dbuckel wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:38 pm The brochure that you show states model year 2018-5. If your ordered your car in Feb this year you had been given the wrong brochure, model year 2019 was being built from sometime in August last year with the price list dated 18th July 2019. Most of the brochures are out of date, you need to go onto vauxhall website and get the latest price list which shows the correct spec at that time.
The same thing will apply again now anyone who offers a new car for factory build will receive a 2020 model year car with the new modified specification. You need to the ask your dealer exactly what build you are buying but you need to ask the right questions of them.
That’s ludicrous, How am I the customer supposed to know of such changes? If we sit down with a sales rep from the dealership and he advises us to go for the tech model since it has keyless entry and power tailgate (his exact words) then who are we to question wether the car will actually come with that spec??
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

If you have been misled by the dealer, you need to reject the car! The process should be documented online, try honest John. This should get the dealer management involved.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post