Satnav

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

No problem,

I have only updated the maps, could not get the firmware to update. it might be because of hardware differences, as it says Hardware not compatible, but on Peugeot forums some people have same problem.

If you have more luck let me know
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Im going to ask for a map update to be done when I take the car in on Friday for the whole unit to be flashed, I'll let you know how it goes.

Infotainment system is killing me at the moment - I love my music too much and am fed up of not being able to stream it properly and the unit cutting out....grrr.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

Welll guys... Looks as if Vauxhall want to potentially start charging us for updates now...

See attached!

nav3.png

nav2.png

nav1.png

Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

I won't be paying for the map upgrades. I've done so in the past for my current Insignia and even the latest update is way out of date. If I need serious sat nav directions, I always use the TomTom app in my iPhone which I find hard to beat.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
Parkman

Post by Parkman »

Afternoon all.
I have just logged in to My Vauxhall and find that the download option has appeared again.
Yet to try it but will do.
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Yes appeared on mine now, under my Vauxhall app, which is different than before.

Just a shame it's still Q4 17 , not Q1 18 which you can get from Peugeot and I have installed on mine
Parkman

Post by Parkman »

Yes. Noticed the one you'd pointed me to was more up to date and I will install it when I get a chance.

Tried downloading the VX one and it appears much slower to download than the Peugeot did the other night. Still at least it's back?
Jase elite nav

Post by Jase elite nav »

4E32A6CF-71CE-4A98-96FA-6D747F39D9B3.png

6D12D59A-2ECE-4B58-A90B-1A1B79F6835D.png

And yes Vauxhall have promised 5 years free download map
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Is it me or am I missing something. I went onto the Vauxhall site and downloaded the update. It came in the form of a TAR zip file which I have never heard of before. So went onto the Microsoft site and downloaded a programme for TAR files, but this failed.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I used WINRAR to unzip it, just right clicked file and used extract to, went straight to USB stick.

Vauxhall update is still only Q4 17 if you use Peugeots site and your vin number you can get Q1 18