Satnav

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Having picked up my grandland and Saturday, really like it, and finding the satnav showed instructions in the drivers information display, the only problem is maps are way out of date (approx 12 months), the new A556 which opened last march is not there. Interesting to see what vauxhall charge for update
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White

lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

I bought an 2017 updated sim for the satnav in my Insignia last year. That doesn't have roads on it that have be in use since 2015 so not very good. I find the TomTom App on my mobile is far superior so i use that most of the time.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

The point I am trying to make is, car built in 2018 with built-in satnav should have more up to date maps, I have asked the dealer, if I get no where, then I will contact vauxhall.

I know I could use Google maps through android auto (like I did in the Astra) which is up to date, but now having built-in satnav why should I

I know vauxhall usually charge over £100 for satnav updates
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I just found out through that on the my Vauxhall portal, you can get the maps updates, and its FREE for five years

Yippee
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Five year free map updates is good news. Lets hope they are as up to date as we want them to be. I use the built in sat-nav in my Insignia a lot but it doesn't have traffic announcements or speed cameras where the TomTom app on my smart phone does, hence the reason I use it on the longer journeys.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I've ran through the options in the OnStar app and the My Vauxhall app but I can't find anything to give me the option to update maps? With it all being wireless these days is it something I need to talk to Onstar to do or is there a hidden option donee here for the 5 years update?
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Log onto myvauxhall and in the bottom right hand corner there is an update your navigation map section, click on there, and follow instructions.

Took me about half an hour to download and unzip onto a USB stick, put it in front USB when ignition on and it will find it and ask you if you want to update. Then you can sit there for at least another half hour to let it install.

When asked to reboot, select yes and wait till you get maps up
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Brilliant - found it now thanks. My mistake, Ive been using the MyVauxhall on the phone so went on the PC and it was there for download all 7.8gb of it.
:D
Update your navigation map for your Crossland X or Grandland X vehicle

Please note: this is a free navigation map download is for the stated vehicles only*.
If you have a different Vauxhall model, you can click here to purchase a map update in the online shop.

The below describes the process to update your in vehicle navigation map.

Download process

Please note that this file is between 8–16 GB and will require an excellent internet connection and a FAT 32/ MBR formatted USB drive with a capacity of 16 GB or more.
Click here to begin your download.

When your download has been complete unzip the contents of the file within the USB, as the navigation system doesn’t support files that are compressed.

Upload process

A few things to remember:
Keep your engine running for the duration of the update
Do not remove the USB stick until the update is complete
Plug the USB stick into the USB port of your vehicle. If you are a Crossland X customer this is found in the “upper” USB port with phone icon. For Grandland X vehicles, the port is located in the center console.
Select the navigation function
Click “Yes” to start updating the map
Select the map update and click “Install”
Click “Yes” to update your map
Click “Yes” to finalise the map update
Once the update is complete the system will reboot

Download the latest update (2018-Q1-Europe)
Click Here to begin download

* Owners of the Opel Crossland X and Grandland X benefit from free map updates each quarter for 5 years starting from the vehicle warranty begin date.
Jase
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

So I had time today to try loading the map update for Q4, 2017. I unzipped the file but think I didn't copy over everything it might have needed to enable the upload direct to the car so when I put the USB stick in nothing happened. I'll try again... at some point...

I'm not certain which version came with the car and couldn't see a way of identifying the current version?
Jase
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

First make sure it is formatted in FAT32 file system, which if you have a large usb stick is not an option. if you have as suggested a 16gb stick that will format fine.

Right click the file and then select unzip to and pick the drive your usb stick is, it took me about 20 minutes to do this direct to usb.

Once done go to car, plug into front port and mine said (no media on drive), then it just popped up map update found do you want to update.

not sure if you need to be in Nav section, but mine asked again when it rebooted after update, so looks like it just reads the usb anytime it is installed, regardless of map version.

There is a way to see current version in the menu's of the nav section, mine was on something like 4.0.2, now on 7.0.0, not sure what means

Good luck with your next try