Anyone tried premium petrol in their Grandland? Notice any difference?

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Just curious if anyone with a petrol puretech 1.2 turbo Grandland has filled it with premium fuel? If so did you notice any difference from normal octane or supermarket fuel?

Simon

Aberoy

Post by Aberoy »

I haven’t but have read on the Facebook group of people who have and say they have noticed significant improvement. I’ve yet to try it, I live in a rural area where fuel is much more expensive anyway so tend to fill up when doing the supermarket run.
From what I’ve read from others experience is that fuel consumption improves in time but mine has stayed much the same since new, 39-41 mpg on a 1.2 petrol engine. which isn’t great compared to the high 50s I had with the previous Qashqai. I still love the GLX though.
Grandland X 1.2T (130) Elite Nav
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

I mainly use supermarket petrol & have tried 9 tanks of Tesco Momentum 99 octane so far. I keep a detailed spreadsheet showing mpg for each tank full, but this shows no clear evidence of improved mpg over the regular 95 octane petrol I have also used.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

From experience, you will find no difference in using premium fuels, in regard to mpg or performance.
I have used shell vpower several times and BP premium and cannot notice, the only advantage to using such fuels, are they contain better additives, so protects the engine more.

I think they recommend you use these fuel Evey few fills to help the engine keep running at its best
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Thanks for the comments, sounds like it's not worth trying then. I'm getting well over 500 miles per tank which is excellent and beats my previous Astra gtc 1.4 turbo, and that's using the cheapest supermarket petrol.
Highlightuk

Post by Highlightuk »

I would give it a try and make your own mind up, I've noticed an improvement on long journeys but most of my use is short trips, I think the 98 feels smoother but it could be my mind playing tricks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post