I also did not get what I ordered....

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
LynneF11e

Post by LynneF11e »

This is more or less a copy of the email I have sent to Motabilty:-

I ordered my Grandland X, well over three months before I finally received it on 5\6th September... (coincidentally?/conveniently? meaning it was not registered until after the September 1st date for new registrations had been passed)

My car arrived at least three weeks before I was allowed to have it. I was told some paperwork had not been sent from France that was necessary to be able to register it in the UK.

When my car was finally ready, and I was being shown around it, I brought up about the boot and keys only to be told “No, they were not on this model, you must be thinking of another one”.

Being disabled and unable to reach high and with limited strength, I was especially looking forward to having the parking assist, keyless entry system and the automatic boot opening and closing.

Now I KNOW we discussed these points, and in great detail, and how they would be of such benefit to my mobility (and my husband, who was with me, sat in and was a witness to and participant in, these discussions) --- and it was mainly why I paid an extra payment up front.

When I ordered the car I was told that I would get all the specs that I have told you about. The money was taken at the time of order so surely this makes it a legal contract of sale?

I might be physically disabled but my memory is good and I know we discussed that the car I was to receive would have these things. To be told, once I had my car, they were discontinued long before I ordered my car infuriated me even more.
Obviously I had been misled all along.

I didn't have much choice other than to accept the car as it was as we were going away a couple of weeks later and that left no time to organise anything else.
At this point I was bitterly disappointed. This wasn't what I paid extra for or ordered.

On joining the Grandland Forum, following receipt of my car I discovered that, like a number of other people, I was not alone in having been misled.

Makes you wonder if there is some sort of conspiracy going on.........

LynneF11e

Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

Very sorry to hear of your predicament & hope Mobility can offer a solution. I'm not familiar with the scheme, so when you say you discussed detailed specs was that with Mobility or a Vauxhall dealer?
Many forum members have not received the specs they were expecting due to changes by Vauxhall, however most were due to the introduction of the 2019 model year towards the end of last year.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
LynneF11e

Post by LynneF11e »

Hi, it was discussed with Vauxhall’s salesman responsable for Motability cars.
Frags

Post by Frags »

Had the same thing, car I have ended up with is missing several features we talked about in the showroom, the changes centre around the MY19.5 models. If I had been told in advance of changes I wouldn’t have ordered it. The brochure and listed features order date and implementation dates were all for the 20 spec car even when I asked I was told it was just a name change from sport nav to Sri nav. I was shown the SRI Nav in the showroom and told that’s what I was getting. Next car will be from elsewhere!
Grandland X Sport Nav 1.2