On not getting the car I ordered - Interesting update.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
LynneF11e

Post by LynneF11e »

I posted a little while ago, regarding not getting the car I ordered. It should have had automatic tailgate, parking assist, keyless entry. I was told when it arrived the model had never had those features, I was mistaken etc.

Well, I got in touch with Motability to ask their advice. They said essentially it was “Not fit for purpose”. Because I have arthritic shoulders, can’t reach upwards.

They then spoke to the dealer who gave them the same drivel.

Motability then cancelled my contract , at no cost, told me to order a car that WAS suitable. My extra payment was also refunded. Then, a couple of weeks later, I actually found the brochure that we had been given when we first went looking for a new car, along with a couple of other models, and it showed the automatic tailgate, etc etc. I took pics and sent to Motability as I felt that maybe they did not quite believe me as I had had no proof. The lovely lady came back and said “I never dis-believed you!”

Needless to say I will NOT be going back to Perry’s who could not be honest with me and admit it was an error on their part.

We (my husband and I) went hunting on-line for another car with the automatic tailgate..... Later that day we went with curiosity to our local BMW dealership. What a difference - we were treated so well, tea, coffee, so polite and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble.

To cut a really long story short, two weeks later, we picked up our brand new BMW Active Sport, a nice neat little car packed full of brilliant technology. Brad who looked after us made sure everything was totally to our satisfaction. I even got a bouquet of flowers when I picked the car up because it had to be a couple of days later that’s was originally planned!

Thank you BMW for being so good and finding me the car I needed.

Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

Very glad to hear that Motability have addressed your problem. Your Vauxhall dealer behaved like a total dick, so deserves to shamed on this forum.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post