Switching to eco mode with radio on

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Garyhdn

Post by Garyhdn »

Hi. New to the forum.
Had the grandland x for a couple weeks with the mobility scheme.
I spend a lot of hours sitting in hospital car parks while my disabled wife is in appointments. The x has on or off in the key. If I listen to the radio without the engine running it goes into “eco mode” and turns everything off. Is there a way to stop it doing this? It isn’t very “eco” if I have to have the engine running.
Thanks

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi

I don't believe there is a way to stop the car going into eco mode. Its there to stop the battery going flat its not like cars years ago without this backup feature . The only way is to keep the engine running to have radio on all the time. If you battery is low on charge though this will make it go into eco mode quicker.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 »

You can switch off the engine, then press the Stop/Start button without your foot on the cluck and it will turn on the ignition but not the engine and this will allow for the Radio to come on. It will go off after a while but you can keep doing this, however, the Insignia used to have a feature that would stop this if the batter got quite low to stop you getting a completely flat battery, not sure if the Grandland will do this or not.
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018
Garyhdn

Post by Garyhdn »

Thanks.
Not very “eco” if you have to keep starting the engine. 🤔
Had a mocha before this and that would play the radio for hours without effecting the battery.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post