Car alarm - illuminated security light

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
DWW98

Post by DWW98 »

Should the light at the top of the dashboard in Grandland X be illuminated (flashing) when the car alarm is set ?
It was in my Astra sport, but does not in Grandland X. ?

Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Afraid not, it's actually a sun sensor on the dash for the climate system. The central door lock button LED flashes on the dash but not sure that's for the alarm Apparently there is a flashing LED on the top of the dashboard for the Ultimate version, I do miss it as a reassurance but I usually check the mirrors have folded as a sign the car is locked.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

So.....I had the same problem and the same disappointment passed to the dealer for a car like ours. Alarm indicators are commonly fitted in that front window position and for a reason - to be visible! So we have to buy the Ultimate to get an item which actually probably only costs a few quid.

However, in my model there is a flashing indicator to advise that the car alarm is active...

And where it is....in the ceiling half way down the roof, visible as a small white flashing light if you were sat in the rear seats....or visible from the outside through the rear window once activated. Yeah - great positioning isnt it? Is this in your model car too?
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

ive just checked . OMG I can not believe it . ive not noticed at all , even though im always looking at it at night time to keep an eye on it .
a thief is never ever going to see that.
mine is orange in colour , and on the interior sensor deactivation switch .
there may be a way to splice a second LED to work off the wires going to it .
if anyone knows a way to do it , tell us all , as most of us want a visible red LED on the dash .
im constantly checking to see if my car is locked at night time , because if you see a red flashing LED , you know the car is locked .
2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey
DWW98

Post by DWW98 »

Thanks to all for your answers to my question about the flashing security light (there is'nt one) However, I have purchased a small dummy security light for £1 75 from E bay, which is supposed to be solar powered, but it also has a mini usb socket for charging also You can choose colour of flashing light before you purchase it, either Red or Blue. At night, when switched on and placed on top of the dash,where a proper one should be, it looks like the real thing. Can be moved out of the way in daylight. it has an adhesive pad on the back if you want to secure it.
It is better than nothing, and looks good through the window in the dark.
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

where is the flashing LED on the ultimate model , as ive been told there is one on this model only .
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Well after reading this I had a look in my Elite Nav and there it was flashing away. Will only be visible at night from outside. I suppose most people will realise that most new modern cars will have an alarm fitted. I knew my one worked as I've set it off a couple of times. At least I know where to check now once I've locked the car.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

There is a flashing light its on the lock button on the dashboard.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

if its on the lock button , it may be able to be activated by Vauxhall then .
colandy

Post by colandy »

Ken_A wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:39 pm Well after reading this I had a look in my Elite Nav and there it was flashing away. Will only be visible at night from outside. I suppose most people will realise that most new modern cars will have an alarm fitted. I knew my one worked as I've set it off a couple of times. At least I know where to check now once I've locked the car.
Hi
Ive just taken ownership of an Elite Nav registered April 2019

I cannot for the life of me see any flashing lights to say alarm is activated anywhere in car

can you advise where it should be

ive followed handbook to press lock symbol on key fob twice in 5 seconds to activate
indicators flash a few times internal lights come on and lights on bottom of wing mirrors illuminate then after about 3o seconds one by one go out

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post