Hidden Cables / Connectors

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

ive just found a hidden cable for a center dash speaker , im going to test it soon .
but the other week I found three other hidden cables underneath the center armrest .
one was for a 12v power socket with live power going to it , so ive fitted one under the rear usb socket .
one was for a rear usb socket with power going to it , ive bought a front version and fitted it between the rear heated seat switches
the other was for the grip control switch , with power going to it . im going to test it soon .

Anyone else found hidden wires / connectors .
Last edited by EliteEstate on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey

EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

IMG_20200123_135838.jpg

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

My car has the Rear Usb and 230v socket but no rear heated seats or 12v socket .
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

hi , the 12v power cable is on left hand side , behind the 240 socket trim . its plugged into the left hand side trim .
it looks like its going some where , but its a blanking cap to keep the unused plug safe out of the way .
it has power going to it .
just unplug and you will see .
drill a hole anywhere near bye , fit a 12v socket in the hole , and plug the hidden cable in .
Vauxhall part number 0039005922 £10.58
make sure you drill the hole so that the cable will reach .

do not drill the hole too big , remove very small slivers at a time , and keep checking .

find the wire , before you buy the socket and drill the hole .
the wire has only 2 cables going to it ,

I fitted mine as seen in the picture , but you say you have no heated rear seats , so you can fit in that place instead , on the left hand side of the usb socket .
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok. Thanks
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I have the Grip control but not had the weather to test any of the options yet.
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

when you get time , can you see if you have option settings for the grip control on you informant system settings screen .

it will help me to know if I have to get Vauxhall to activate settings to make it work in my car .
as I said , I don't have it fitted , but have the cable with power going through it .

thanks.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hey the grip control options aren't on the infotainment screen. When you twist the dial it shows which option on the infotainment screen you have selected. I think it will be a Vauxhall activation.
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

ok . ill buy a switch if I ever see one on ebay .
ill ask Vauxhall one day how much it is to activate .
if it works , ill then buy the surround .
a job for the far future .