Black trim on door and wheel arch

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
pamelalowry55

Post by pamelalowry55 »

Hi has anyone had any trouble with the black trim on doors and wheel arches discolouring.

pamelalowry55

Post by pamelalowry55 »

Sorry should have said on the Grandland X
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

they need regular trim gel put on them , such as autoglym bumper and trim gel .

all cars with black plastic trim will go like this if they only ever get washed , and gel not put on at least 4 times a year . .

my grandland is nearly 3 years old , and the trim still looks new , but it does quickly go greyish if not done .

a bit of autoglym then solves the problem .
2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

I use Diamondbrite Replenish (available from Amazon), as it's so easy to apply. Just spray some onto a microfibre cloth & wipe onto the clean trim after washing & drying the car. My car was dealer treated with Diamondbrite (at no cost to me!), so I've been trying some of their products & have been impressed by them all so far. Have previously used the Autoglym gel product above on an Volvo XC70, but Replenish is easier to apply & lasts just as long.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Svx

Post by Svx »

Have the same issue on my 2018 sport nav. It's been like this from new so not sure if it's a quality issue. Been using maguires but it doesn't last after about a week it goes streaky again. Just ordered some g techniq c4 trim restorer and waiting for some good weather to prep and treat it properly.
Bhoywonder

Post by Bhoywonder »

I found a good hack. If you get wax on the trim and it leaves white marks the best thing to take it off is a standard, run of the mill eraser, a good old school rubber!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I use Gtechniq C4 for the Black trim and its seems to do the job. I will have to wait and see how long it lasts as its claimed to be up to 2 years.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

Grandlandx68 - Please keep us updated with the performance of the Gtechniq C4 on the trim. The price has always put me off buying this product, but it gets good reviews on the detailing forums.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Vainona70 I will for sure keep everyone informed on how long it lasts. I only purchased it because it was on offer at Amazon and had seen the good reviews as you have said. Its worth keeping an eye on Amazon as its regularly on offer.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

Thanks for the tip!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post