Hazard lights flashing rapidly when locked

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

I have tried to hunt down information regarding the patterns of flashing but couldn't find anything that would explain.
To be honest, it isn't something that I would have noticed as I lock the car a second time within the 5 seconds normally.
BUT, to confuse further, after leaving the car for 30 minutes or so, I decided to experiment by checking if anything different happened if the car was deadlocked and not deadlocked first.
It didn't, because the nearside hazard flashed the full 20 times.

In conclusion, my view is that there isn't an issue to worry about.

VuBear

Post by VuBear »

just makes you wonder what it is up to with the weird flashes mine is in tuesday 22nd they believe it is a computer glitch, that also has something to do with the light and the auto braking AEB mine lights up but does nothing lol
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Will be interesting to know the findings, by the dealers.
It is strange if the sequence flashing is to indicate an issue, especially as I, probably like most, wouldn't have ever noticed as I lock and deadlock the car with the two quick button presses which is signalled by a single longer elimination of the lights only.
If you wouldn't mind sharing the dealer report with the forum members, will help others have a possible understanding of any issues.
👍
VuBear

Post by VuBear »

Will do but don't hold much help from them, had an Astra J 2.0 T Diesel sports tourer within it's first year they replaced the turbo for cabin noise lol £2700 later warranty work no difference still had the stupid cabin noise, turned out there's no pressure release in the back, so the car had a constant drone if one rear window was down even an inch or so lol
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Thanks, it can be frustrating when work is done on a vehicle and then found not to have corrected the issue. When the cost is covered under warranty, its bad enough being without the car only to have to take it back again, but when owners pay for the wrong work done, there isn't any compensation or a free correction.
Really expect better.
VuBear

Post by VuBear »

Well just as i thought Nothing they had the car for 1 1/2 Hours, phoned me back said it was fixed, no paperwork, nothing got home locked it up and it still does the same crap, plus now Vauxhall England think the Plant in Spain messed my build up as well was ordered in June 2020 didn't start the build till late September but have ended up with a hodge podge 2020.5 /10 car with stuff from both versions but none of the equipment i ordered tinted rear glass, Cruise control with intelligent speed adaptation plus a few other thing's so now got to wait for the Vauxhall people to figure it out or it get's reordered and they can have this one back lol
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Doesn't sound good.
Surprised they mentioned Spain as the manufacturing hub, I thought the very early models were manufactured in France then from sometime in 2018/19 it transferred to Germany.
They must know, one would assume.
Result if they replace the whole vehicle.
VuBear

Post by VuBear »

Maybe some of the parts came out of Spain or did not when they should have, the car has ended up frankestein model lol, so they have to fix what was ordered i think :/
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

They will be in breach of the contract you signed if the extras were written within it but no delivered. Hopefully they are honorable dealers, 🤞.
ps. When you said, on arriving home the car was doing the same, did you mean the flashing of indicators? I take it they didn't explain anything associated with the issue then?
VuBear

Post by VuBear »

not a thing they said it was fixed however when i checked at home it still done the same thing and no report or any thing from the dealer i have told Vauxhall about this too but they can't get to look at the case till the 29th Dec that is were it is in the case workers list lol so still gotta use it till they figure it out

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post