Coronavirus lockdown - how long might my battery last?

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I normally do a 90 mile daily roundtrip to work in the GLX, so battery issues have never been a worry. However in the current climate, the GLX has been sitting on the drive for over a week without moving. If It does move it will only be a mile or so to the nearest store for essentials, so unlikely to recover any discharge due to starting up etc. Just wondering if anyone has experience of how long the battery might survive given all the electrics in the GLX.
For the record it is a petrol 1.2 sport 2018 model.

Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Midinotes, with my original EFB battery I was having no end of trouble with it not regenerating due to my short journeys. I had to leave my car in its
garage due to an operation meaning I could not drive for six weeks. After a couple of weeks I was able at least to go and check the car only
to find the battery flat. I called RAC out who got it started for me. First he was surprised an AGM battery was not fitted and said the battery would last 2 to 3 weeks normally due to the amount of systems checking the car. Alarm and keyless entry for a start. Since then I've
invested in a smart charger followed by replacing the battery with an AGM one. Since fitting I've had no further problems with
the battery regenerating on short trips and with no sign of the ECO mode or S/S failing to work.
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Thanks for sharing that Ken. I might have to think about buying a small jump starter battery pack then, although guess I could just run the engine for 10-15 minutes on the drive. At least petrol is a bit cheaper now! :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post