Temp display grey text

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Tigerfan

Post by Tigerfan »

Hi,
On the Navi 5 display when I have the radio on, the display is fine, bright and visible. All apart from the Temp which is very dull. Is there any way to make it as visable as the rest of the screen?

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

There's always been an issue with the screen template and the appearance of the grey text... despite numerous complaints they just won't change it in each iteration of the kit they do upgrades for.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Tigerfan

Post by Tigerfan »

Ah ok thanks. Glad it’s nothing I’ve done!
Russell B

Post by Russell B »

Hi all,
I have just brought a Grandland X in grey quartz,
I call it Martha 19, I've had it about 4 weeks now and I have to say I love driving it, I came from the dark side ( ford ) where I drove a focus, ( sorry ).
The only thing I can find that I don't like is the grey txt on the radio. I have downloaded the media and map updates and intended to install it this weekend, if any of you good People have any advice I would be greatful.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Make sure you've got plenty of time to do it. Both updates together will take about 1hr 10mins. Engine has to stay on during that process and it is advised you do not drive until updates are finished.

If you've used the app on computer it's very simple to do the actual updates in the car.

1. Switch the car on.

2. Give it a few seconds for Infotainment to turn on fully.

3. Plug in your memory stick and give it a few seconds till a message pops up on your screen.
- It might say there's no media on the stick followed by another message saying that the car has detected an update, or it might just display message about the update straight away.
- If you are doing both updates from the same memory stick, it'll first ask about the Infotainment update and then the Sat Nav.

4. Select Yes that you want to update. If you press No it'll show up message that there's sat nav update available as well.
- If you accidentally select No on both, re-insert the stick.

5. Once you confirm you want to update x or y, you'll have all instructions/warnings on the screen so just follow these (all you got to do is press Yes 2 or 3 times).

6. Be patient. Read a book or watch Netflix or something on your phone. It's gonna take about 30 mins for the Infotainment to update and about 40-50mins (in my case) for the Sat Nav.

7. The screen will turn from black to blue during the update and will restart itself a few times. That's normal so don't panic (I did lol).

8. Once the first update is done, it'll automatically bring up message regarding the next one.

Here's a link for the official Vauxhall guide from their website. It truly is easy to do so hopefully it'll go well for you mate. Just bare in mind the document mentions you will be asked to select which countries you want to update. I was never asked that and it just updated everything as normal. That step just never came up in my case.
https://bit.ly/3f1Ih7N

Update topic on this forum:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=799

Good luck!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Russell B and Welcome to the Forum.
Its a upgrade for you coming from a a focus then. As advised above by Vayerr for the maps and firmware. Any issues let us know and we will try to help.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post