voice command address book last name first

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Hi all this is my 2nd day of having my Grandland and im loving it, but my question is and i hope someone can help is when i do voice command to call someone it does not recognise who i am trying to call, so when i tried calling with the touch screen i realised the address book has loaded the numbers last name first so can anyone tell me what i need to do to change to the normal first name first.
any help would be much appreciated

thxs john

Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

If anyone has had any success with the built in voice guidance for the 8" infotainment system on the Grandland then do let me in to the secret! I have resorted to using mainly Siri on Carplay. I have had 'limited' success with the built in voice system, although it seems you have to remember exactly how and what to say to it. Also it doesn't do everything that I thought it would, such as control the heating temperature or go to a playlist. WIth radio stations I found you had to remember exactly how it understood the radio station name... but I might be missing something. I don't understand why Vauxhall didn't provide a decent manual or list of commands to use.

As for the address book, it might be down to how you have the addresses organised on your phone. Again you will probably find that either Android Auto or Carplay is vastly easier to use, but I sort my address book on my computer alphabetically by surname.

Simon
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

hi, i have found the option to change the address book so now i can say the person i want to call thxs