MyVauxhall-App and Grandland X

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Has anyone tried the MyVauxhall-App, whether iOS or Android with their Vauxhall Grandland X? I have set up my Vauxhall account and I have managed to get Vauxhall Connect working with the Sat Nav. It now displays traffic information and road closures, as well as weather conditions. However I thought the MyVauxhall-App was supposed to connect over Bluetooth to the Grandland and display fuel level, distance and other stuff by syncing to the car. I have my phone connected to my Grandland by Bluetooth but I cannot get the app to recognise anything from the car?

Here is a screenshot of the app, the only thing that works is the map which I have redacted in the photo. The other data is only what I manually added to the app and is now out of date.

Would really love to get this working. My Grandland is a 1.2 Sport model from June 2018.

Regards
Simon

A1300DA9-B51A-420A-B706-2A3510D9C35B.jpeg

robbo990

Post by robbo990 »

The MyVauxhall app must be open/running for it to record the details of the journey, you should see connected across the top briefly. When you turn off the engine you receive a notification with the previous trip details. It doesn't record anything if you don't drive, starting the car is not sufficient.

In Android you can check if it's connected by swiping down, not sure if it's the same with iOS.

On Android I have set a tasker routine to start Bluetooth Tethering on device start for the live traffic etc and the MyVauxhall app and Spotify when my Bluetooth is connected to Grandland X and it works well.

Screenshot_20200731-073611.jpg

2019 Vauxhall Grandland x 1.5 TurboDiesel SportNav Auto (Jasper Grey)
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Thanks Robbo. I'll give that a try although lately I have had lots of issues with the app not logging in to my account. Out of interest what year is your Grandland?

Simon
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

I have a 2018 and the app says it is not compatible maybe this is your issue.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Thanks Mark. The app has never said it is incompatible, I assumed since all Grandlands have the same infotainment systems it would just be a software update. What annoys me is that there no information on the app store about which models specifically the app IS compatible with, and the developer's website and support links just take you to the Vauxhall website... which has zero information about which vehicles specifically the app works with.

Simon
Tigerfan

Post by Tigerfan »

The 2 things I really miss from the Onstar service which I don’t think are available on the My Vauxhall app, are the ability for calling onestar and have if routes downloaded, and I really miss the remote locking and unlocking
greasemonkey

Post by greasemonkey »

what is the SOS button for then ? i was going to press it and see but i bottled it - lol
Grandland Hybrid Ultimate - Moonstone Grey - Diamond cut 19's - Winter Pack 1.6 Turbo 2022
greasemonkey

Post by greasemonkey »

what is the SOS button for then ? i was going to press it and see but i bottled it - lol
Grandland Hybrid Ultimate - Moonstone Grey - Diamond cut 19's - Winter Pack 1.6 Turbo 2022
MoultonDave

Post by MoultonDave »

I upgraded my phone and had to reset the pin code, but the code sent gets rejected by the app when I try to set a new pin code.
I have a 20 plate Hybrid 4 300

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post