Automatic gear change

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
S5OWL

Post by S5OWL »

Hi wondering if anyone can help me.
I got a Automatic 1.2 petrol. My MPG is around 28mpg which is really low I gather. My tyres are fine and I am light on the gas. But I have noticed my RPM are really high before it decided to change gear which I gather cam eat fuel. What could be causing this. Thanks.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi. Is your car brand new? If so it will take time for the mpg to go up as the car gets more run in. If you still feel it may not be right book it in at a Vauxhall dealership and get them to look into it.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
S5OWL

Post by S5OWL »

Its a 69 plate amd done over 5000 miles so is that classed as new
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

That's still pretty new. I have heard the mpg do go up once the cars more bedded in. Do you feel its using more petrol than it should be?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

MPG will be dependent on the type of journeys you are doing. I'm getting 40 mpg with my mix of journeys, but if you only do short journeys (where car doesn't get to normal operating temperature) or city driving - 28 mpg may be right. Gear changes should be at lower RPM under low load (i.e. not accelerating hard) when engine is fully warmed up. You may need it checked out by the dealer.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post