Alloy wheels starting to mark/rusty rear brake discs

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I took the vehicle back to the dealership yesterday as per instructed by Vauxhall customer care. They too their own photographs and did agree that the wheels had started to corrode. They are diamond cut alloys so will have to wait and see what the warranty department have to say.....repair or replace.....or nothing.
They inspected the discs and said they are wearing fine, and this is normal.......strange but i will go along with what they said.

Will keep you up to date with what Vauxhall come back with......
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

๐Ÿ‘
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
P8r

Post by P8r »

Had the same problems on my two-tone rims with my Grandland. I noticed that on every spoke there was one site where the clear coat was thicker than on the opposite site. And on all the four rims there was on one or more spokes with oxidation underneath the clear coat from the place where the black coats ended and the the clear coat begins. You can not feel any damages on the edge of the clear coat. The formed white channels of oxidation follow the subtile ring shaped markings in the polished spokes.

The blue circles were the thicker parts and the red circles the thinner coats of clear coat.

My dealer contacted Opel Customer care and I got 4 new rims. I noticed the clear coat lacks the thicker and thinner part and is more evenly sprayed on the polished parts. Definitely a production defect in my opinion..
Opel Grandland X Ultimate March 2018
Opel Corsa-E GS line September 2020
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi P8r,
Thanks for the informative report, the post will be very helpful to other members, should they have similar issues. AndyB is in discussion with the dealership regarding the same. Always good to know of possible outcomes during negotiations.
๐Ÿ‘
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

UPDATE :

Vauxhall customer services contacted me after i sent my email to them regarding the issue with the Diamond cut alloys on my Grandlandx
I have been really pleased with the help that Naheem from Vauxhall customer services has provided. :P He arranged with the dealership and with the warranty department to get the wheels inspected and then replaced. Naheem rang me on a regular basis to check up on the progress, and then rang to check that i was fully satisfied after the new alloys had been fitted.

I had the new alloys fitted yesterday and am very pleased with them.

This is the first time that i can honestly say that i have been impressed with Vauxhall Customer Service. Usually when i have contacted them in the past, they just fob you off and dont seem interested in your issue.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Its good to see you got it sorted.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

I'll endorse that sentiment.
Well done.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post