Heated steering wheel- WInter Pack 1

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
MikeBLW

Post by MikeBLW »

I configured my Grandland x hybrid 4 elite on the Vauxhall web site. It said it had Winter Pack 1 which included a heated steering wheel but this was not on the car when it was delivered.
I complained to Vauxhall Customer Services and after initially getting a reply that my complaint was being investigated I heard nothing else despite 3 follow up emails.
I emailed the CEO Stephen Norman. I received a reply from his office which thanked me for my email but said I should have confirmed the spec with the local dealer before buying and no compensation would be offered.
It seems the Vauxhall website can’t be trusted then!!
If anyone is thinking of buying a Vauxhall my advice is don’t do it!!!

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

It's sad that Vauxhall can't provide a better explanation and offer some apology to you, better customer service would surely go a long way.
Looking through the configuration information, the winter pack is included in the elite specification but not with the heated steering wheel. It is strange that the winter pack identifying the heated windscreen, heated front seats and heated steering wheel does not then include the same in the elite model winter pack.
Can see how this can mislead and would have thought Vauxhall would realise and address. It will be interesting to see if they do rectify the specifications in the future.
MikeBLW

Post by MikeBLW »

I think they have changed the configuration now as a result of my original complaint.
It’s not there now but it definitely was when I bought the car.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

The configuration data I checked was 2020.5, dated June 5th 2020. This is still available to view online, must be some reason Vauxhall don't want to make the heated steering wheel available on the hybrid.

Screenshot_20201205_085347_com.adobe.reader.jpg

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

When did you order your Hybrid Elite? as I would check the brochure as Coatgallou has shown above. I would query with the dealership as well. If your not happy maybe try the Motor ombudsman. The CEO office will be able to contact technical and their back offices who will be able to find out when the specification changed to see if you have a case.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
MikeBLW

Post by MikeBLW »

I saw the spec sheet which didn’t mention winter pack 1 at all. I also saw that the heated steering wheel was shown on the elite but not the hybrid.
I then used the online build my car tool and specified the engine, colour, wheel trim and model type.
This priced the hybrid at £43k and let you see the full spec.
It was here that it showed winter pack 1 as standard on this model and described it has having heated seats and steering wheel.

I should point out that I am not unhappy with the car. I actually think it’s great. The local dealership (Evans Halshaw) was also excellent. I just didn’t think it was their issue.
It’s the manufacturer customer service and website which have annoyed me. They also make some very dubious points on the website:
204mpg. In real life at best if you do less than 25 miles in full electric mode maybe you might get near 100mpg. If you run in hybrid after that the mpg drops a lot from that.
30 - 35 miles in full electric mode. Real life as mentioned by others on this forum is around 25 miles.
They make a big thing of their new car discount, free one year road tax and free Pod-Point all of which are UK Gov initiatives applying to all evs.
It would just be nice if they gave buyers a real picture.
I think the car is good enough for them to do that!!
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

The spec sheet is misleading in that it suggests the cars fitted with the pack as standard, include all as identified in the left hand section detailing the pack. Would expect an asterisk or something to direct prospective buyers to some small print alerting them to the omission of heated steering wheel.
I think the manufacturers could provide more info on the running costs but I think this would put some off. One of the car magazines did a review on a round trip of 160 miles, return at 45 mpg. The car is great for daily journeys of up to 30 miles. The figure of 204 mpg does work out for these journeys. After that expect the mpg to fall away.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I am glad your enjoying the car and the dealership were good. I would still pursue the CEO as their response is poor.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

👍Worth the try.
MikeBLW

Post by MikeBLW »

I did email them back saying I had no confidence in their customer service or website and that I would be posting my thoughts on this forum but I don’t really expect them to reply or bother to look at this thread.

On the 204mpg the maths says no. If you are generous and say that you get a full electric range of 30miles and the battery recharge only needs 10 kilowatts at an average price of 13p per kilowatt (very low price) then:
Fuel at 115p per litre x 4.55 = 523.25p per gallon.
523.25 / 130 = 4.02 x 30 = 120.75 mpg and that is being incredibly generous on all prices.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post