Tethering and blue tooth

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Aez3787

Post by Aez3787 »

Just brought the 1.2 petrol elite have ,
I can't seem to get the vauxhall app to connect always says ready to connect and I can't use the Android auto with being connected via USB
Any ideas
Phone is a oppo neo

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi, there is another members post asking a similar question, search for the following post:
'using Android Auto with Oppo phone'
Not sure if the issue was sorted, maybe a personal message may help.
🤞👍
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi Aez3787,
From your first post above did you mean to say Android Auto can't be used without being connected via USB?
If so, this will be correct, the requirements for use identify the need of a quality USB cable.

The My Vauxhall app will work via bluetooth but there have been problems experienced by others with regard to it working correctly.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Apparently Android Auto Wireless connection may be possible but is only supported when paired between certain devices and certain vehicles. Not sure if the Grandland is such a vehicle.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

The following is an extract from the Google Android Auto site regarding the requirements for connecting wirelessly :

A compatible Android smartphone with an active data plan and the latest version of the Android Auto app:
Any smartphone with Android 11.0 and 5GHz Wi-Fi.
In the EU, to use 5GHz Wi-Fi in the car, your smartphone must comply with additional regulatory requirements.
On Google smartphones, Pixel 3 and newer models comply with this requirement.
A Google or Samsung smartphone with Android 10.0.
A Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, or Note 8, with Android 9.0
dbuckel

Post by dbuckel »

You must be connected with USB lead for Android Auto to work on the Grandland