Music

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Jongasher

Post by Jongasher »

The car dealer set my phone to connect to the car by bluetooth but left the radio set to on.

I would like to get in my car, turn on the ignition and my phone to start playing the music on my phone straight away (give or take the vast amount of time the car takes to connect to bluetooth).

I dont want to hear the radio (havent listened to the radio for over 40 years and would rather pour molten lead into my ears than start now). I dont want to have to press any buttons, i just want music to start, my music, straight away.

I have tried plugging my phone in by usb but the car doesnt even recognise it is there (provides power tho to the phone.

I know i am probably missing something very obvious. Ay ideas anyone?

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

I highly doubt you can just get in your car and have music playing from your phone straight away.

The default audio source will always be radio because it's always there - whether its AM, FM or DAB. Other audio sources are inactive until you connect them. Bluetooth, AUX, doesn't matter. Until a device is connected via one of the other sources, it'll remain inactive and switch to first active one (which is radio).

If you truly hate radio (I do as well so don't worry) then just mute the sound until your phone is connected and then switch to bluetooth. I only listen to music from my phone and it takes about 15 seconds for me to switch to it after I start the car, by pressing single button on the steering wheel twice. Some things you just need to learn to live with, and frankly a few seconds shouldn't be that much of a deal.
Xubuntu50

Post by Xubuntu50 »

The simple solution, if you really insist on no button pressing, is to put your music on a USB stick and insert into the rear socket. This leaves the front socket free for charging and phone use etc. Change source on the Navi 5 to the stick and the Navi 5 will remember this setting between ignition on/offs and play from where you left off when you switch on the ignition again.

With bluetooth it seems like your phone is not paired to Navi 5 properly. But with bluetooth you'll always have to re-enable it on the phone to connect to Navi 5. No-one sensibly walks about with bluetooth permanently enabled. Once paired, your phone should connect instantly - my old android does.

With a USB-only connection you'll probably need to change the phone's USB setting from charging to music or file transfer but I don't think this setting will stay put after you've broken the connection. More button pressing, I'm afraid.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

My Grandland automatically resumes playing the music from my phone using Android Auto.
There is a setting within the Android Auto app, called 'Automatically resume media'.