Build date query

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Steve-B

Post by Steve-B »

Hi all,

I know this is a question that can only be a best estimate but I was wondering if anyone could give me a pointer or two.

My Grandland was ordered on 05/12, the dealer was able to pinch a “unallocated” car awaiting build, so I wouldn’t have to wait the 16 weeks plus that it would have taken if I had placed an fresh order in the queue.

Basically my car was slated for build on 23/12. The dealer registered me on “My Vauxhall” and gave me the Sono number. Since then there’s been no updates, but I received an email saying there had been a change to my account, I logged in and it still says my order has been confirmed for build, but now has a VIN number instead of the SONO.

Does this mean it’s likely to run down the line soon?

Sorry if I seem inpatient, normally I’m nothing of the sort. This is my first Vauxhall but before I placed the order, I had a order for a Focus Estate ST-Line X (yes I’m a long term Ford owner, don’t lynch me :shock: ) and my order was in for 18 weeks before the dealer abruptly cancelled it 3 days before build due to “parts availability with the ST-Line cars”. I’m a little antsy now!

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi Steve-B
Would say the order number will still be valid but the VIN is unique to a vehicle so if Vauxhall have allocated such a VIN, the car will most likely be on the production line if not completed.
👍😀
Del1407

Post by Del1407 »

Hi Steve,

Can I ask how you managed to get the updates from “My Vauxhall”? We have apparently been signed up by our dealer but can only see info on our existing vehicle (Mokka). I previously enquired with my dealer but was told there is no way of tracking an order currently.

Del
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

If you open the 'My Vauxhall' app, click on the car designation, 'VAUXHALL Mokka' at top of the page. This will expand and allow you to add another vehicle. You will require the VIN provided by your dealer.
Del1407

Post by Del1407 »

Coatgallou wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:18 am If you open the 'My Vauxhall' app, click on the car designation, 'VAUXHALL Mokka' at top of the page. This will expand and allow you to add another vehicle. You will require the VIN provided by your dealer.
Thanks for your reply. I may be mistaken but I thought Steve mentioned using the sono number initially which changed to vin.. The vehicle isn’t built yet so do not have a vin at the moment. I just thought Steve was able to get updates on his order based on his sono. Apologies if I got this wrong
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

It does sound as though that was the case for Steve but as my vauxhall app only accepts the VIN, I'm not sure if the dealer is able to bypass this.
I'm sure Steve will clarify.
Would expect the dealer to provide the update of the situation seeing that you have the order references.
Steve-B

Post by Steve-B »

Del1407 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:59 pm Hi Steve,

Can I ask how you managed to get the updates from “My Vauxhall”? We have apparently been signed up by our dealer but can only see info on our existing vehicle (Mokka). I previously enquired with my dealer but was told there is no way of tracking an order currently.

Del
Good evening!

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been working offshore for the last week, busy busy!

The app no use in tracking, if you log into the MyVauxhall webpage, it should show you the progress of the order, however it’s a bit janky and unreliable at the best of times!

On a positive note, dealer has confirmed my car is now build and has passed through quality control and is awaiting logistics pickup, but MyVauxhall says it’s still scheduled for production so I wouldn’t put too much mind into it.
Steve-B

Post by Steve-B »

Coatgallou wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:15 am It does sound as though that was the case for Steve but as my vauxhall app only accepts the VIN, I'm not sure if the dealer is able to bypass this.
I'm sure Steve will clarify.
Would expect the dealer to provide the update of the situation seeing that you have the order references.
You are bang on. The MyVauxhall webpage will populate using the SONO if correctly set up by the dealer, the app will only accept the VIN. No tracking details are available on the app, but the webpage shows it.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Good news Steve-B.
Good luck Del1407
👍🤞🙂